Saturday, April 08, 2006

Rainy Saturday 4/8


We're getting alot of rain today, and it is really needed. So, our eagle adults are "tenting" today to protect the eaglets. Weather for tomorrow is mostly sunny and warmer.

See the fresh fish? With all this food available it's interesting to note that eagles have a crop (on their esophagus) where food can be stored until ready to be eaten. The crop also helps separate the meat from bones, fur and feathers, based on what's being eaten at the time.

1 comment:

glo said...

Thanks for the photo and the info. Such a wonderful site. I am s glad I have found it. I hope today proves much sunny and warmer for this family.

10/4 am both Bella and Scout

10/4 Scout brings fish for Bella   Video of food delivery on the Blue Link Please be respectful if you decide to make a comment any advertis...