Thursday, March 08, 2012

Thursday

New thread.

1,047 comments:

1 – 200 of 1047   Newer›   Newest»
JudyEddy said...

THANKS FOR THE NEW THREAD STEVER I WILL GET THE OTHERS NAP TIME LOL

paula eagleholic said...

Thanks for the call over Judy.

Shep is incubating now. They switched at 12:02pm.

JudyEddy said...

Have to get this in before NAP
that should have been STEVE LOL
.....。☆。*。☆。
....★。\|/。★
.♥ Happy Birthday! ♥
....★。/|\。★
....。☆。*。☆

.....。☆。*。☆。
....★。\|/。★
♥♥eaglebud ♥GUELA♥
....★。/|\。★
....。☆。*。☆


LYNN popped in I see to say HBDAY THINKING OF YOU LYNN

JudyEddy said...

Looks like the NBG nest had anothr the third attack in the middle of the night Eaglelever1923 does great work

in the middle of night attack the third in one day that was seen we should say

Mema Jo said...

Good Afternoon! Hope you didn't send the
RMP out looking for me. Our sons are
working on our family bath - First installing a new floor - Looks great.
Refinishing the vanity - it is sold wood and you just can't find anything
better so just a new finish. Commode is
about 2" higher and has that super duper
Flush! Going to be great looking when
they finish. I had to lay low while the glue went down on the floor....

Mema Jo said...

Thanks Steve for the fresh thread!

Going back to old thread to see what
has been going on.

Happy Birthday Geula
Left you a message on FB also

Hoda said...

Good morning/ good afternoon all.

Happy Birthday Geula.
Thanks for the NBG video JUDYE.

Mema Jo said...

As you announced very early, Hoda

Happy International Women's Day

How do you suggest we celebrate today?
I guess we just need to appreciate the recognition! ♥

Lori O. said...

STEVE, thanks for the new thread!

Thank you, Miss Judy, for the call over.

Just got home! Super long day and I'm so glad it's over. Well, still have to run one errand to the post office, then I'm done. Nothing exciting here.

PAULA, when is the official eaglet due date?
Knew I should have written it on the calendar.

Going back to old thread to finish up. BBIALW

Lori O. said...

SHARON, how are you feeling? What did the doctor say?

Way cool, JO, for your family to pitch in like that and redo your bathroom. Sounds great!

Hope LYNN is feeling better today. Prayers for complete healing! Big hugs, but gentle, LYNN.

movin said...


^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
GooD THursdAY MorN (PST)
tO U aLL.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I was supposed to have my final follow-up to the second cataract surgery this morning, but a last minute gastrointestinal problem forced me to cancel. Got it rescheduled for next week though.

The weather in this part of So Cal is playing the "ole cold, dry, windy desert game" with us again.

Great day today to you folks.

C(°ٿ°)D Jim

paula eagleholic said...

♫ ♫ HAPPY BIRTHDAY GEULA ♫ ♫

paula eagleholic said...

Lori, 35 days is this Sunday the 11th. I would expect a hatch on Tuesday or Wednesday (37-38 days). 2nd chick will follow 2-3 days after that, but could be as little as 36 days, which would be Thursday.

Lolly said...

Jim, my last appointment is the first week of April. Can hardly wait for my new glasses. My eyes were not as bad as yours, I guess. Had my rt eye done 4 years ago. I definitely need reading glasses. I am doing okay with the "store bought ones", lol, but ready for my own glasses. Doing great distance wise.

Lori O. said...

Thank you, PAULA! I will write it down this time. :)

Lolly said...

Raining lightly here now and the temp is dropping fast. We started out in the low 70's this morning and we are down to 53 now and still going. Just do not want the severe weather that is "possible".

Hoda said...

Jo I think we celebrate every day International Women's Day because we are compassionate and aware. As SHARON would say " I LOVE US".

Lolly said...

We are heading to Dallas in about 2 hours. Yucko weather to be driving over there. Oh, well!

Kay said...

Love finding a fresh new thread ! Thanks STEVE and thanks to JUDYE for the call over.

♫HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR GUELA ♪ There is a special little warm place in my heart for you. You were the first Momster to welcome me when I came on board ! ♥

LYNN, it is So like you to put forth the effort to post a birthday message ! Love and prayers for you, dear heart ! ♥

Is this Shep ? I think I see the black spot, but the lighting isn't cooperating.

Lolly said...

Jo, the bathroom sounds great! How very special that your family is taking care of you!!! You do have a neat family!!

Lolly said...

Hi Kay! Yes, it is Shep in the nest. Doing his thing to take care of the precious eggs!

Lori O. said...

Hello KAY. Yes, this is Shep.
How are you doing?

Lori O. said...

Helllllooooo LOLLY, said Texas style.

Hoda said...

Belle takes off with the wind around noon today!!!

Lolly said...

I am starting to think that we are just beginning to see the "norm" on eagle nests. We were attacked last year...and again this year, plus BW and now NBG. I think we will just have to expect it.

Lolly said...

LOL Lori...you got that wrong...supposed to be "Howdy Ma'am!"

Kay said...

JO, the bathroom restoration efforts sound wonderful good !

Isn't it exciting to think of our eggs hatching this next week ? We all need the lift it will give us if all goes well !

Lolly said...

Have had to turn down the sound. The wind on the cam is just too loud.

Lolly said...

Kay, I think we will all be holding our breath when the eggs start to hatch. We might have to send Wanda up to stand guard with her eagle cane!

Lori O. said...

Howdy Miss Lolly!

HODA, great video. The caption says it perfectly. She quits trying to go head into the wind and then is off to the right side so swiftly. Beautiful!

Kay said...

Thanks, LOLLY, LORI, HODA ! Looks like Shep has quite a stiff wind to combat as he shelters those eggs.

LORI, I'm okay, all things considered. It's gray, windy, rainy here today and I'm taking the day "off". Giving the back and hip lots of rest. I'll see the orthopedist tomorrow at 11 and hope to know more about a treatment plan. After the appt. I'll stop by Julie's for Malcolm and then get Seth after school. It's a good thing I have them to keep me busy and keep my mind off my achy ol' bones !

Lori O. said...

KAY, those gray, rainy days can sure ruin a good day. I hope you're catching up on your reading and all the things you want to see on TV. Nothing like a good old movie on a rainy day. Treat yourself to a dessert tonight in anticipation of the good news you'll get tomorrow from the ortho doc. (((Big Hugs)))

Mema Jo said...

The wind is really outdoing itself today since I've opened up some doors & windows. It cleaned off my dinning table
very quickly - of course I then had to
pick up everything.

Taking a break.... BBL

Thinking of Lynn and just love how she thinks of everyone else at their important times! ♥

Kay said...

JO, have you had your nap ? I'm feeling like it's time for mine !

LORI, thanks for the positive thoughts !

BBL...... ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Lori O. said...

Kay, Jo - lets all have oatmeal cream pies! Wish I had some. ♥

Lolly said...

Shep is going to blow out of the nest. LOL

Time to go get beautiful.

Down to 52 and still dropping. Wind is a blowin here, too!

Lori O. said...

SHEP FLUFFING FLUGG AROUND THE CUP. NOW FACING 8. AND EGG ROLL. NOW FACING 1.

Lori O. said...

Updated nest weather:

A chance of showers, mainly after 4pm. Cloudy, with a high near 71. Breezy, with a south wind around 25 mph, with gusts as high as 38 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Lolly said...

What do you do when you have a rsvp disappear. We had an invitation to a wedding with a stamped and addressed envelope. Had NOT written yea or nea yet and then poof! I think Jack mailed it. LOL He will not admit it but it is gone. LOL They will not get an rsvp from us, but they will get a blank rsvp. LOL

Ever since Laurel's wedding I have been very faithful at responding quickly to rsvps. They are important for the planning.

Hoda said...

LOLLY, Phone them and tell them the invitation is missing and you would like to attend.? OR Send another card saying you are not able to attend? Planning is big for weddings is true but with humour "problems" disappear.

Mema Jo said...

Can you make a phone call to the mother of the bride?

Mema Jo said...

Kay, I'm not sure I will get a nap today
with the boys here and also I am having the family dinner this evening with the
one son and his 2 grown children and their 3 small children...Happy Happy
Time....... ♥

paula eagleholic said...

Anyone else think Shep's right wing looks funky today?

Lolly said...

His rt wing does look funky. The wind?

magpie said...

the wing does look unusual, hope it is just the wind,
and nothing serious

Lolly said...

I am shutting down. We leave in a little while.

Later...much later folks!

paula eagleholic said...

Think BWO needs a color adjustment...the eagle has a green beak...or maybe he's early for St Pat's Day?

magpie said...

love the goodgle Grahic/image for today for International Women's day...
good day for Geula to have a birthday, international as she is !

Happy
Birthday, Geula....

actually, it's very close to Tomorrow overseas where you are...

xoxoxo ♥

magpie said...

thinking of Lynn♥

paula eagleholic said...

It looked OK when he flew in...may just be that funky fin thing

DanaMo said...

that wing does look weird.

magpie said...

see where an image of a great horned owl was captured during the evening hours at BWO last night, I was watching often but missed it... you can see the link to the pic on the BWO

right on colors, Lolly, does look a little pale and uninspired

Hoda said...

PAULA, I agree it looks "funky" because the left wing is a bit more to the right and the right is blown out by the wind...seems alright to me...I like the word "funky", we have got a hip eagle there!!!LOL

magpie said...

well Paula I just ran your and Loly's comments together in this "Lighting" on this blog page, meant to say that about colors on BWO to you I see....

movin said...

Lolly, I'm glad to hear your vision is so good following your surgeries.

Mine WERE very "ripe"; the one he saved for me was a dark chocolate color. I think now that I had them in a less severe condition for quite a while before I was aware something was wrong; but once they took off, they both worsened rapidly. Both were bad enough for surgery by the time I went to the optometrist, although the right one was worse.

It's like a miracle now, and I think more light is passed to my eye, which makes my vision brighter and more colorful than it had been for years.

I'm not sure yet if I will need glasses, as I can read now, even small print. But I have to hold the page almost at arm's length, so really small print is too far away to be read.

Generally, the vision is about like having new eyes now that they have had time to heal and settle down, so I am very happy with the results. I was worse than the standard for legal blindness by the time I had surgery.

C(°ٿ°)D Jim

magpie said...

loks like something out of
the 50's -

Ms Bookworm said...

Hi, Gang,

Once again,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GEULA!!! HAVE A FANTASTIC DAY!!!

Have been pretty busy again today.
Need to pay more bills online (I'm
scheduling them way ahead), then go shopping for a few things like Emma's food, and bags to portion it up in, and some travel-size stuff like toothpaste. Never a dull moment!

So good to see that Lynn has dropped in! Hope you are feeling better today! Lots of love and gentle hugs being sent your way!!!

Feel so bad about the NBG eagles.
Does anyone know how many times an eagle and a plane have collided?
Hope they're not jumping the gun too quickly. What ARE the odds?
Besides, tearing down all the nests will not keep eagles from flying in that vicinity, especially since there's water nearby where they can fish. Hmmm...

Ms Bookworm said...

Well, back to my "Things to Do" list. Will check back in as much as possible. HAGD, everyone! :o]

paula eagleholic said...

Only 2 eagle strikes at the NBG airport.

magpie said...

../323504975jglmlgiq4-

magpie said...

well whoops

magpie said...

those wings look pretty normal just now and those tail feathers too

Hoda said...

...see wing is fine and I think Mr Shep is a good house keeper too...what is he going to poof? NO he goes back to the eggs and is facing eleven!!! WELL THAT WAS STRAIGHT IN OUR FACES MR SHEP!!! Barely cleared the nest...POOP SHOOT!!! Jo did you see that? No modesty what so ever from Mr. SHEP!!! LOL

Ms Bookworm said...

Oh--Paula, thanks for the info. Now, consider how long the airport has been there, and the eagles too.
Seems like pretty low odds that an eagle and a plane would meet. Can they prove that removing the nests would improve the odds significantly, considering that eagles will probably still fly in the area? Just sayin'...

Mema Jo said...

Shep has a funny way of having his
wings slightly lifted - I have seen
him doing that on warm days. I truly
think it is for venting.
Are you all like me and thought perhaps
an eaglet was under there?
I really hope I am correct... don't need
a one winged eagle dad..
Praying it is ok.............. ♥

Mema Jo said...

I was cleaning off the table and
I MISSED IT AGAIN!

stronghunter said...

Happy birthday, Geula.

stronghunter said...

Happy birthday, Geula.

Hoda said...

Camera shakes and soft gentle vocalizing by Shep...Belle in the attic?

Sandi said...

Hi all! Home from school and caught up with my reading!

Happy birthday GUELA!

JO, we are remodeling a bathroom as well - new floor, new vanity top and faucets, new mirrors and lighting, beadboard and fresh paint on the walls, getting the tub refinished, and new toilet - house is 18 years old so the bathrooms need updating. We've been doing 1 a year - this will be the 3rd one done.

LYNN, hope you're having a better day!

SHARON, sorry you're still feeling puny. What did the doctor say?

LORI, how many miles have you done on that new treadmill??

movin said...

New Catalina and N. Island Reports have been posted. I haven't read them yet, but one of the blog commenters is "wowing" them in her description.

The reports start about halfway down the page:

Channel Island Reports

C(°ٿ°)D Jim

Linda said...

Good Afternoon!

Poof Shep over 11 position.

Eggs uncovered at the moment!!

Sandi said...

Shep POOF! Lots of eagle chatter! MT nest!

Hoda said...

Well Shep vocalizes afain and there is scratching on the cam and it moves. He gets up and poofs past nine and now calling from the attic sounds like Belle and there is a conversation going on. The eggs are uncovered and the camera shakes, no not mating activity!!! LOL...In comes Miss Belle

Sandi said...

OK, parent in the nest - can't tell who.

Hoda said...

I have to admit I am beginning to look at the eggs and say is this a pip...I know iti s too early, but I just did that!!!LOL
Belle does and egg roll and is facing eleven

Sandi said...

Thanks for confirming who's on the eggs, HODA!

Linda said...

Now back to my regularly scheduled catch up reading!!

Hope everyone is doing okay today...

wvgal_dana said...

Is anyone's live eagle cam darker than usual?

Lori O. said...

Sandi, the treadmill came out of the box today...still has some things to put together and rearranging for it...I want to be on it NOW!

Mema Jo said...

It is very dark over Shepherdstown
and that is the reason the cam is
dark - rain is coming!

Eagle-Eyed Shar said...

Doc said I have bronchitis with an asthma component. Have me IV steroids and a breathing treatment in the office and antibiotics, settle roofs and an inhaler prescriptions.

Ms Bookworm said...

Sharon, glad to hear you're going to the Dr.--sorry you're still feeling puny! Prayers for a speedy healing!

Sandi said...

Sandi.

Ms Bookworm said...

Oops--looks like we both posted at the same time, Sharon! What you have sounds like what my Kubby is like whenever he catches a cold or flu. He wheezes like crazy, and always ends up with an inhaler and an in-office breathing treatment.
Hope you feel better, PRONTO!!! More prayers! ((HUGS))!

stronghunter said...

Good afternoon. Belle is tenting a bit.

Linda said...

SHARON - Good thing you went to the doctor!! Sounds like you have it pretty bad. Get that cleared up, Gal!

Hope the coughing subsides and you're back to normal pronto!

Hoda said...

Here is DeeWerms form Hancock's Foundation video of the evening changing of the Guards. Her take on it was there was mating. When I was watching it wasnot my impression...there was vocalizing indicating a conversation and the camera had shaken earlier too when Shep was still on the cup.
Remember Hancock Foundation calls Shep Smitty.
Evening Changing of the Guards

Mema Jo said...

Sharon - Good on you for going to the dr
With those meds you will perk up in
no time! ♥

Linda said...

Hope you enjoy the treadmill, Lori.

I used mine quite a bit years back and then got away from it. When we moved from FL to PA, I gave mine away so we didn't have to move it.

Now I wish I didn't! Dennis is thinking about getting one now and we will have to start all over again!!

Oh well.....

Mema Jo said...

Thanks Hoda

Mema Jo said...

Taking a break - company coming
BBL

Hoda said...

SHARON thanks for letting us know what happened at the doctor's. Happy healing. I hope you are feeling better very soon.

Hoda said...

WOW!!! Very artisitic avatar SHARON!!! Good shot.

Sandi said...

SHARON, thanks for signing in for me! Hope the meds help in a hurry! I'm glad your bronchitis didn't keep you down on your birthday!

wvgal_dana said...

In that video did anyone enlarge it? Looks like the egg furtherest away has a pip hole in it.

Sandi said...

WVDANA, Just watched the video full screen and one egg DID look like it had a dark spot or something on it. Hmmm!!

BTW, I seem to recall that, last nesting season, after Paddy died, folks asked that the camera be "pulled back" to allow a wider view and that was eventually done. Does that mean that this cam is capable of zooming in somewhat closer?

paula eagleholic said...

Thanks for the reminder! Have been meaning to send an email to Steve. I was going to ask for the zoom starting on Monday.

paula eagleholic said...

Email sent to Steve!

paula eagleholic said...

Ooo, wax :)

Sandi said...

Thanks, Paula!
Shep arrives with food for his Belle! Good man, Shep! And he poofs!

Sandi said...

Probably was afraid that, if he stayed too long, Belle might stick him with the night shift!!

WV sUSAn said...

SHEP in with a bite and then he POOFED. BELLE is just standing and looking around like what the heck. OK she's back on the eggs. I hope that was food; she gobbled it so fast, I couldn't even tell.

paula eagleholic said...

Rats, missed that...was watching the video.

Heading home, cu later!

magpie said...

Thinking of Lynn♥

Good Cloudy and Breezy Evening Eagle Pals xo

magpie said...

So here is the NIGHT of the Full Moon and we might not be able to see it :(

Sharon
(( Healing Hugs ♥ ))
Remember, Germs Hate Rest !
Wondering what a Settle Roof is...
hope it works as well as all the other stuff !! Nicd avatar, very pretty and handsome combined ☺♥☺♥

Wondering if Jo has had the First Flush yet in that spanking newly renovated bathroom ☺

magpie said...

Good News on the First Egg at Harrisburg Peregrine Falcon nest, Paula
Thanks for the news !

magpie said...

If there was not so much wind at NCTC, I wonder if we would hear Spring Peepers out there yet ???

magpie said...

Zoomed cam, aaah yes, I remember that....thanks for asking Steve to do that for us, Paula

magpie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
magpie said...

I am thinking or imagining I hear Peepers at the nest, got my ears all scrunched up to my speakers !

magpie said...

From my NY Naturalist Pal....

"Today on the little ice remaining
were about 15 swans and two adult eagles. My sister called me
yesterday and as she was pulling into her driveway an eagle was
circling her cat which was laying on the sidewalk. She chased it off but it didn't really want to leave. She got home just in time, the
eagle was only about 20 feet above the cat. "

Hoda said...

MARGY all I hear at the nest is wind and rain...

magpie said...

Yes, I have heard the Peepers at NCTC.

magpie said...

I don't think we have the rain yet, Hoda...it might come later, but we sure have the wind.....
I've just managed to catch a few peeps inbetween wind gusts...
they sound like little birds cheeping

Hoda said...

WOW!!! Whata save and what a story from your Naturalist Friend MARGY!!!...

magpie said...

watched the NBG links you posted, Hoda...thanks...wow, no peace there for the Eagle Pair...

magpie said...

Yes, there is not much he does NOT see one time or another up there, Hoda....

He works at the Roger Tory Peterson Institute....nice !
they get some fabulous exhibits there in addition to all the terrific wildlife

Lolly said...

my name is zack

magpie said...

Hear 'em? They are getting more vocal now

magpie said...

Well Helllooooo Zack ! ☺

Lolly said...

i saw an eagle just sitting

Lolly said...

hi magpie

magpie said...

It's a shame we have clouds, Zack....Full Moon really lights up the nest, glad you see that eagle, it is Belle.....the Mom-to-Be
hatching predicted for very soon

Sandi said...

Well, if it isn't Mr. Zacharooski!! Welcome to the blog, Zack!! Hope you think your Gran is as great as we think she is!! =)

Lolly said...

Hi Margy...gotta go Jack just came back with dinner. Zach giggled when he read your response. Thanks!

magpie said...

Grandmommy has a Good Computer, Zack....I can hardly see anything with the darkness
Give her a Hug from Magpie, Please
xo

magpie said...

Well I am smiling from ear to ear, Zack, thank you !
Thanks Lolly too !

Lolly said...

Zachy says good bye!

magpie said...

Okey Dokey
Some Kid Fun, We Love it !
Bye-Bye

magpie said...

Sandi....
if you listen real closely between wind gusts, Spring Peepers are peeping at NCTC ☺

magpie said...

Day after tomorrow for you Sandi!
Start assembling all your gear for the Blackwater Eagle Fest !!
So Excited for you, and give Bob Quinn a whole lot of Momster and Dadster Hellos for us if you can see him !

Sandi said...

MARGY, I can't hear any peepers, just the wind!

Skies are clear here, lots of stars out. Just waiting to see the moon - moonrise was about 20 minutes ago but it's not high enough for me to see it yet at the house! Think I'll hop in the car and drive up to the beach to see it rising there! BRB!

magpie said...

Good for you Sandi, clear skies

Venus Bright and Jupiter half as bright, in the West...I can't see any of that here, but I know they're out there !

Hoda said...

OH I missed ZACK!!!

I heard them MARGY, the bird like sounds...peepers.

No rain yet you say? There is an extra sound then that I can not identify...sounds like rain to me...I believe you though.

Getting ready to go to yoga.

Thanks PAULA for the zoom in request.

wvgal_dana said...

If you have a laptop pull the screen in towards you and you can see the nest and Belle.

magpie said...

Hear the C-5 flying over !!!at NCTC

Sandi said...

MARGY, couldn't get a good pic with my little point & shoot, so you'll just have to trust me when I say the moon rising on the Atlantic Ocean is drop dead gorgeous tonight!!! Yup, could see both Venus and Jupiter bright in the western sky as we were driving back from the beach!!

magpie said...

I don't have a laptop, Dana..
nice idea though....


Glad you heard the Peepers, Hoda...

The Moon is struggling to get through the clouds here now...

ttfn - some "home-work" to do

xoxo ♥

magpie said...

Sandi:
I trust you completely !!
Glad you could do that....drive and sigh....
and oooh and aaaah


xo back later

magpie said...

I noticed Zack did not make any typos !!!

okay 'bye

paula eagleholic said...

Sorry I missed Zack! Hi Zack! Have fun!

Mema Jo said...

I have returned
Company has gone
Great evening......

Must read...

Hoda said...

PAULA do I remember correctly you are going to open the beach house this weekend? SANDI'S descriptions sound wonderful...

Hoda said...

OK see you after yoga practice...

paula eagleholic said...

Have a good practice Hoda!

Going to Paradise next weekend...taking Friday off, whoo hoo!

Haha, forgot to post this ☺

paula eagleholic said...

Nice night out, cloudy, can't see the moon, but the peepers are out, it's 64°, and breezy

paula eagleholic said...

Oh, sad news :( The 3rd chick at Sequoyah didn't survive. It's been cold and rainy there, and the chicks feathers aren't in yet, he probably died of hypothermia

Mema Jo said...

Belle is now facing 6:00

hedgie said...

Good evening my dear friends.
Update for the day.....seem to be feeling a good bit better late today. WOnder if that's all I get? 1/2 day of good before the bad starts again?
Paced myself today and did 2 small loads of laundry plus Liesl's lap blanket. Changed the bed, cleaned up the litchen a bit and styled my hair---burned my ear, too! Ouch.

Still can't sit at table/puter for more than a couple of minutes---just too uncomfortable.

Got my bulky dressings off my chest finally which feels so good.

I know there are so many prayers and well wishes for me and FB messages....girls are keeping me informed. I thnak you all so much.

Prayers going up for any troubles, ills, woes any of you are experiencing. Hope there aren't any!

Rain still hasn't started here even tho' they had predicted early evening....but I can smell it. And no sign of the worm, sap or lenten moon.

Goodnight, sweet folks. Love you all.

Mema Jo said...

Love you Lynn! ♥

Sandi said...

Great to see you check in, LYNN!!! You are in our thoughts, day and night! ♥

magpie said...

Love to You Lynn ♥, thank you for the Precious Gift of your presence here tonight....
Sounds like you got a little Whirling Dervish going today ☺

xo

magpie said...

Tough news about Sequoyah, Paula...but thanks for letting us know....

paula eagleholic said...

Hi Lynn! Hope this next round is better than the first! (((Hugs)))

stronghunter said...

So good to see you on here, Lynn. And good to know you are feeling better today.

I hope the good days continue.

Lolly said...

Zacharooski is now in bed and Jack is watching tv.

NatureNut said...

So great to SEE you, Lynn!Hope and pray you keep feeling better.♥
You did more than I did today!
Had two appts. Ate real late lunch and then konked out!~ Now it's din din time! I guess I got tired wrestling the car in the wind on the Beltway. After that first trip, I took all the back roads!!
Moon it such a great night light!

Lolly said...

Wow, I just saw where Lynn was on. We love you Lynn, and keep you in constant thought and prayer. Wonderful that you felt a wee bit better. Do hope it does last as long this next week! Certainly wish I lived closer to help out!

Lynne2 said...

evening all!

Good to see you Lynn! Glad you felt well enough to be productive today, but I hope you didn't over do it!

Lolly said...

Zach was really funny. He could read the posts and giggled. He kept wanting me to say something to Lolly as he could see my name. Too funny. He was telling me what to say...lol...so no typos. You know I do not make typos. roflmbo Also, he told me to type Zack...it IS Zach, but he like ack because of granddaddy Jack.

Lynne2 said...

wow what was that little noise at the nest?

Lolly said...

Whoops! Just saw where I left out the word "not" on my post to Lynn. Good grief!!!!

Lynne2 said...

Margy! Check this out! From MD Bird list...

Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 17:26:17 -0800

For reasons that i don't try to understand i happened to be awake AT 0310 on
3/7/12 and heard the unmistakeable sound of Tundra swans in flight even though
my windows were shut tight against the cold. I assume they must have been
either flying at low levels although the sky was moonlit and without cloud
cover, or (my preferred version) at higher altitude but in such VAST numbers
that their singing was of such volume in combination that it was able to filter
down thru the atmosphere to my sheltered bedroom. I missed them when they came
overhead in the Fall, so this was a nice consolation prize.

Jim (Michael) Speicher
Broad Run/Burkittsville area of S FRED Co

Lolly said...

Zach went down like an angel. We had fun tonight. They are leaving tomorrow for a Miami spring vacation. They will return next Wed. Laurel and the boys have spring break the week after. We have plans on going to the zoo.

Going to go read. Night all!

magpie said...

Wowser, Lynne! that's a great report !
If in Burkettsville, then perhaps in Sharpsburg, and maybe Randallstown next !!
Ears and Eyes to the Skies ...
I have hopped out of bed and run outside a couple of times when hearing them..but not this year....YET

I heard Peepers at the Royal Nest tonight by the way, but it was a struggle !

'Night Lolly! So Zack "dictated" and you "transcribed..." too funny!
That's how James and I do things for handwritten cards and such....

magpie said...

I do believe I just heard a gunshot here on my street just now....

magpie said...

well no one's outside screaming so I guess it was not a gunshot


Burkittsville I meant to type....
that's near where a phenomenon titled "Spook Hill" is by the way....

Lynne2 said...

GUNSHOTS????

JudyEddy said...

LYNN so glad you popped in and feeling a tad better

so sad about the 3rd chick at Sequoyah not making it

Got home a bit ago after a loong day with Jordyn we went to two parks one this am and one after lunch I love it when its nice outside and we went to the park near my house when I went to the Vets to get the cats flea drops wow expensive little buggers 17 a months for each 34 I wonder if I can do it ever other month being they are inside cats LYNNE what do you think????? Jordyn had a blast at her dance class tonight as she always does still cant get the cart wheel done or hand stand but she's not 4 yet I told Angie she was sooo much older I think 8 before she did any of that from what I can remember Angies and Carl and I had issues with our cell phones today I guess the solar thing any one else have issues Carl couldn't get anyone on his book right I kept getting health clinic calls and I have a trac phone

got home then one phone with sis Janet now need to head to bed and start it all over again tomorrow

JudyEddy said...

just did a skim of blog hope Angie can hook me up with email tomorrow

JudyEddy said...

Is it cloudy up there was brighter last night I think at the nest

JudyEddy said...

have cat on lap again love it but what a pia

JudyEddy said...

so zach is blogging i see

magpie said...

wow
sounds like fun JudyE -
have you ever thought of a career making those advertisements where the person speaks very fast?
LOL! Just kidding ! Love the report, Jordyn is probably way tuckered out, like her Oma...

no electronic problems here...yet
except some incessant Magpie-ing

JudyEddy said...

GUNSHOTS MARGY and you work for 911 call them see if they got a report could be a car backfire I hope thats all it was

Lynne2 said...

JudyE, which did you get?

MARGY are you OK?

JudyEddy said...

Hey at work I was told by my boss she can't listen that fast LOL Cat off lap now

JudyEddy said...

REVOULTION IS WHAT THEY GAVE ME

magpie said...

Way cloudy, JudyE
but no rain, yet

Bedtime looms, with a little reading to go with it.....

Prayers for all our dear loved ones, especially for Wellness

Good Night, Precious Pals

God Bless This Nest, and
God Bless Us, Every One
(( All-Night Hugs ))

xoxo ♥

JudyEddy said...

45mg is the does of Rev♥lution and it does have a ♥ instead of a o

Hoda said...

THANK YOU LYNN! The BEST thing that happened today is to see your post... and I had a pretty good day at that!!!

MARGY you can not say gun shot and not say anymore!!! The building you live in looks like a pretty good neighbourhood...ARE YOU SAFE...I almost feel like phoning.

Terrific Yoga practice.

Clear skies here tonight but not as bright as last night, must be some cloud cover...

Lynne2 said...

OK...Revolution does a LOT of things. It kills fleas and ticks, it kills ear mites. It prevents heartworm (which most think of as a dog issue, but cats can get it as well...it's carried by mosquitoes and is VERY prevalent in the south)It kills intestinal parasites (worms). It is an effective product, but pricey.

I have to defer to your veterinarian. It is not a widely used product in these parts, especially for indoor cats. But our internal and external parasite exposure potential here are not the same as they are down there.

Indoor cats obviously are not likely to get ear mites or intestinal parasites, or ticks. But fleas can come in with YOU and get to the cats that way. Or in through screens. And, mosquitoes carrying heartworm ARE a problem in your area. There are a lot more heartworm carrying mosquitoes in the south. For reasons that are a bit lengthy to discuss, heartworm in cats is difficult to detect, and difficult to cure. And I believe in cats, it's actually the LUNGS that end up compromised, rather than the heart.

So while it IS pricey, and NO, you can't really do every other month...if heartworm disease is something your vet knows is a problem in your area for cats, then I'd go with that recommendation of using the Revolution.


You could try to see if you can buy it online, too. It's often less expensive that way.

Lynne2 said...

after the hurricane a few years ago in LA and gulf coast...many dogs came north to rescues as they were left homeless, or unable to be reunited with their owners. It was incredible how almost all of them were heartworm infected. Unlike with cats, there IS a cure for canines with heartworm, but its expensive, very painful, and as many as 40% won't survive it. It's a shame. SO inexpensive to prevent....

JudyEddy said...

LORI did you get my email??????

Lynne2 said...

I see I've bored everyone out of here! LOL! That'll teach you to want me on the blog!!

Heading for bed...

HODA, dang that Margy...if you see her before I do, please scold her about this post of gunshots and her disappearing act!!

JudyEddy said...

Thanks you for the card I got in todays mail LYNNE2

JudyEddy said...

with the rain drops its sounds like someone is hitting on drums at the nest

JudyEddy said...

lot good the full moon is when its cloudy huh

JudyEddy said...

Well I'm calling it a day

See ya in the am ☼ at Sycamore Sunrise Cyber Cafe
God Bless this Nest
and all

♀ ♥ ♂
whom watch it at
Sycamore Palace
Healing thoughts for
those in need


"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle."

Hoda said...

Has to be raining heavily at the nest...the sound is clear...MARGY do you hear it? This has to be rain...sounds almost like hail it is pelting down so hard...yikes I hope it is NOT hail.

Lynne2 said...

'nite JudyE, hope my info on the Revolution was helpful!

See y'all in the morrow! Love and prayers for you all!

Lynne2 said...

yes Hoda, that sounds like rain...light rain showing on the radar. It IS loud, isn't it? Hopefully NOT hail...

stronghunter said...

Oh, it is stormy at the nest. But our eagle is staying in place faithfully.

paula eagleholic said...

raining sideways here!

Judie said...

Good late evening.

So very happy to see the post from Lynn. She accomplished quite a lot today. Hoping all goes well tomorrow.

Margy, I would like to think you did not hear a gun shot. Please take care just in case.

Jo, thanks and glad you had a good day with your company.

Darth and I decided to attend the women's gymnastics competition tonight against Yale. Four are students of mine. The overall team score defeated Yale.

Side story -- men basketball players showed up to watch the gymnasts. Just arrived from Dayton where they were defeated so their season is over. Got up and walked over to tell them how proud I am of them and got lots of hugs. Felt like a dwarf -- the one named Shorty. Do wish they could have gone to the A10.

Sad about Sequoya. Our nest quiet in the moonlight.

Okay, sandperson has dumped a truck load of sleep dust in my eyes and is on the way. The night light is on. Restful sleep for all.

paula eagleholic said...

Sorry your guys didn't make it through, Judie. Bet the gymnastics was fun! I used to love watching gymnastics!

stronghunter said...

Going to go in search of the sandperson. Need to get settled in so that I can get started at a reasonable hour tomorrow.

See you tomorrow.

Prayers, Lynn, for a good day tomorrow.

Glad you and Darth were able to get out and have a good evening with the student athletes, Judie.

Mema Jo said...

I watched TV tonight with hubby. Rain is a coming down! Pray for Belle & Shep as they protect their eggs.

Mema Jo said...

Lynn made my day very wonderful by
being here with us and sharing her
day. Tomorrow I wish you well with your
treatment! Thanks to Carolyn for being
with you!

«Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 1047   Newer› Newest»

4/25/24 both/resident crows

  605 an Eagle to the nest. I believe it's scout that for sure. 609 he left. 646 an Eagle lands on the lamp. I'd believe this is Bel...