Saturday, June 25, 2011

Saturday

New thread.

1,016 comments:

1 – 200 of 1016   Newer›   Newest»
magpie said...

Steve:
You're the MAN!
thanks, I will go tell the others

Hope you are enjoyng the week-end

xoxo ☺

stronghunter said...

Hello,

Thanks, Steve.

Thanks, Margy.

hedgie said...

Thanks, Margie!

Bringing over:

Done!!!! Now to get a little renewed energy---and strip bed. Hate that job!!

Found the cutest little gray tree-frog snuggled in on the bark of an oak tree----got a good pic. Will download pics off camera later and then post it and Liesl's graduation pic!!!

hedgie said...

I have lost my mind----again! I can't remember if Margy/Margie prefers the y or the ie!!
I suspect that I have been wrong using the ie----because that traditionally is the j sound, whereas using the y is usually the guh sound. Now that I have ALL of you confused.......I'll be quiet!

hedgie said...

NEWSFLASH!!!!!!!!
VERY IMPORTANT!!!!

Pssst.....only 6 months til Christmas!!

hedgie said...

Liesl is so funny.....she drags all of her toys out in a couple of hours time....and they all end up in the same area.....for a couple of weeks it was in the living room; now today it's the kitchen!
Of course, it's all open....so she is near me wherever she decides to play!

Linda said...

Lynn - My border collie (Riley) does the same thing with his toys!

I don't mind stripping the bed. I hate to remake it!

Linda said...

Beautiful picture of mother bird protecting her babies under her wings, Lynn! Amazing, huh?

Off to do some ironing.....YUK!

NatureNut said...

Good Afternoon Eagle Buds!
Thx, Steve for new thread.
Been in and out~~need to do a rain dance! It keeps getting gray, like maybe rain & then sun is out again! DUH
Watxched the Big baby red-belly come to suet by himself and chase the medium sized Hairy WP away!!!He has a red tinge of feathers all over the head, so pretty sure he's a male.
We watched on Nat. Geo. a neat show about a crew rebuilding a 1/4 size model of the Titanic.They're following the 100 yr. old plans and construction methods.
Making new hummer food~~~have a great afternoon! ☺

NatureNut said...

Lynn, I usually see Margy's name with the "y". Is that her preference?
I keep thinking BBL, & then I don't get busy around here!
Can't wait to see your pics, Lynn. I need to edit my newest---juvie R-B WP & took pics of my flower pots, etc.

JudyEddy said...

Ah Ha no wonder I don't have as many emails to read A NEW THREAD THANKS STEVE FOR THE NEW THREAD at least it wasn't right after I left at lunch like it always is LOL

JudyEddy said...

and I had to sign in this is three times today

Judie said...

Good afternoon to everyone.

Thank you Steve for the new thread and Margy for the call over.

Just been doing lazy day things. Made an apple pie and reading about homicides.

Phoebe's babes are looking really good. She left so I could really see them. Could not see anything at NBG. Decorah was terrific. Adult and two eaglets visible. Adult flew off and eaglet followed making a circle and landing. So pretty to see the young one soaring. Hornby twins are resting. One made a jump from the nest to the camera box this morning. Checked Natl Zoo but didn't see anything about Panda.

Lowreeda, cool about the woodpeckers. Wish I could actually see the ones I hear in the trees.

Took some seeds out and saw lots of gray feathers. Guess the dove population declined.

BBL

Judie said...

I'll never catch up but...

Jo, hope you enjoyed/will enjoy the French restaurant. Can't imagine not one in Hoda land since the French and Canadians are so connected.

Hoda, sorry about the paddling being canceled and that it is so cold there. Wish we could trade a few degrees.

Lynn, are you going with Margy to the lake? If so, double the fun. Hope you see some eagles.

Sorry to those I've missed.

Okay, need to go toward the kitchen. No French such BBQ, corn-on-the-cob, big fat red tomato.

BBL

JudyEddy said...

JUDIE Apple pie get the IceCream out

JudyEddy said...

LOLLY A bear run LOL or grab the camera

JudyEddy said...

FYI I have just begun to read the blog from last nite to present I just may do a quick skim My neck is killing me from this weekend with Jordyn I've got to stop doing stuff with her I know I shouldn't like crawling in the tube and slide at McDonald Thur and a piggyback ride didn't help either

hedgie said...

Judie, I asked Margy if she wants to go with us to the lake....no response yet.


Linda----right you are: stripping the bed is the easy part!! It's remaking it that is the PIA!

Loretta, don't know how you can get anything done with all of your feathers and fur to watch!!


Going to put pics on my blog now.

hedgie said...

Okay, pics are on my Lair!

Judie said...

Lynn, the pictures of Liesl are wonderful. She is such a pretty girl. I like the tree frog, also. Would likely never have spotted it.

JudyEddy said...

PALYNN Linda has a bear that licks windows Hm mm how much does he charge LOL that's sort of scary that close at the window

Great news about TORI

Lions, Tigers, and BEARS Watch your back LOLLY

SHIRLEY are they also looking for money in the dog poop LOL

HEDGIE I loved the picture of the bird and her babies soooo sweet

HODA sorry about not being able to paddle but you will have other days always respect the weather I say!

LYNN Cool picture of love the Graduate picture the frog is cool I have never seen a frog like that

JudyEddy said...

I agree with Judie that if we didn't know there was a frog there he or she would have been hard to see LM BBL

JudyEddy said...

Check out this video and if you leek at the edge of the nest you can see her shadow UP UP AND AWAY SHE GOES This was on the Eagle Cams Addict page the other day

Judie said...

MILKWEED CRISIS! MILKWEED CRISIS!

Went out to snip some thyme and looked at the swamp milkweed. Several stems have colonies of tiny, tiny yellow creatures that seem to have wings. I am clueless what they are or what to do about them, if anything. Plant looks healthy and green and is growing. Nothing on the leaves. Just the stems. I can try to Google but don't know best key words. Any help will be much appreciated.

JudyEddy said...

This is a nice piece that they did for Sassy Sassy story to be continued

JudyEddy said...

google bugs on milkweed maybe

JudyEddy said...

OK I said it three or post ago LM and still no LM ok BBL LM

floralgirl said...

HEY Judie sounds like you have aphids on your milkweed, specifically, 'Oleander Aphid or Milkweed Aphid'. Spray them off the plants with water, they will kill your plants. Just google the name, you'll get info.
Hello all:) and bye, gotta work, hope everyone is doing peachy :)

JudyEddy said...

I am watching the trial yesterdays and did you all hear or notice when the Judge said that a Hawk comes and perches his or herself out side of the window next to him I thought that was odd and neat that he would say that He is a neat Judge

hedgie said...

Judie, don't know what to tell you...aphids of some kind maybe?? Hope the master gardeners hear your plea! I would think that it would be kay to spray the stalks with a dishwashing liquid/water mixture....even if the bugs are harmless, they don't belong there!

Thanks for looking at my pics!!

stronghunter said...

Aphids, Judie?

JudyEddy said...

BUGS IN MILKWEED this is the first one that I click on there are lots of links

yellow bug in picture checkit out
YELLOW BUGS

JudyEddy said...

Ugly little aphids

magpie said...

Judie:
Maybe you can obtain some ladybugs, they love aphids.
Spiders are also good for eating unwanted insects
this is the first year EVER I have had a problem with aphids and ants both

Hello Eagle Pals !
Workday is Done and NOT GONE the sun ☼

magpie said...

my aphids are on the undersides of the tomato plant leaves, mostly
but I can see their damage in other places
leaves curling and black spots
lime-green color and very small

hedgie said...

Hi, Megan!!! You must have heard Judie calling your name!!!! Know you are super-busy, but glad you checked in!!

hedgie said...

JudyE---I must have missed Judge Perry talking about the hawk----cool!! He IS a neat judge. I often hear a train whistle in the background there.

magpie said...

And I sure appreciate Megan's expert advice too!
I guess more than one spraying would be needed ??
Every day?
More to be Revealed...as the Aphid turns

back in a little while, IF I don't fall asleep, then it will be a LONG while
xoxo

JudyEddy said...

Paula posted pictures of her new counter tops Pretty I say Ok LM again

JudyEddy said...

One time the Judge said Hold It till the train passes

JudyEddy said...

ON PAULA FACEBOOK I forgot to say that

hedgie said...

I saw Paula's countertops! Looks a lot like what I had in the bathroom at my "other" house.
Strangely enough, when I bought this house, it had/has the same ones I had picked out when we built the other one!

hedgie said...

Oops---missed saying the same KITCHEN countersbetween my other house and this one.

NatureNut said...

Lynn, great pictures. And you're Mother of Graduate already!!
(I haven't done any real housework,duh!)Outside work is more fun & I still have to do a raindance!!

stronghunter said...

Beautiful pictures, Lynn. Liesl is a fine graduate.

Wow! I would not have spotted that little frog.

stronghunter said...

Kathryn and Hunter are out again--Swimming at a pool in a friend's neighborhood.

Kathryn stripped her bed this morning. I think I will go make it up. I have a feeling Kathryn will be late getting home tonight, and she is still not feeling well.

Her jaw is really bothering her. She has an appointment with an oral surgeon in Culpeper for next week.

stronghunter said...

Also need to shampoo the pet messes out of the carpet again. Maybe I should feed the dogs on the porch and leave them out for awhile. I can hose off the porch.

Funny. I am seeing those RVing ads on television now--the ones we were seeing on the nest cam for awhile. Not sure if it was OC or before that.

JudyEddy said...

The triplets in Ca look like they are about ready to fledge

JudyEddy said...

You can hear the seals in the background at the CA nest

WHERE ARE OUR EAGLES??????

All together One two three All wish at once LOL

JudyEddy said...

Looks really windy again at the nest

stronghunter said...

I can remember hearing those seals barking when we were in California. They can get really noisy.

stronghunter said...

Wishing for eagles!!!

stronghunter said...

Hunter will be spending the night with Ryan, one of his best friends. They are very much alike.

stronghunter said...

Kathryn enjoys visiting with Ryan's mom.

magpie said...

I'm IN on the wishes for Eagles, especially BELLE

It has been two morning and two evenings with no visit ? or it three and two not counting tonight, yet

Sounds nice, for Kathryn and Hunter, Shirley

magpie said...

It is breezy
wonder, where oh where is our Sound ?

magpie said...

Too bad the STILL cam does not have sound
That would be a fete !

magpie said...

If I open up any other live feeds I will be totally frozen up.
already doing Ghost Typing

paula eagleholic said...

Howdy all!

My new kitchen is done except for some minor painting and caulking...I am so pleased! I put some pics on FB
John and his FIL ate dinner and are headed home

My younger bro and my nephew are staying the night..they are out fishing on the beach and just caught 2 croakers

I am taking a few minutes to relax

paula eagleholic said...

Hi Margy and Shirley And JBudy

JudyEddy said...

Checking on some nest everyone is down for a nap except the Decorah nest one of the parents is one the branch with all the kids

stronghunter said...

Hi, Paula.

Judie said...

Aaaaarrrrrghhhh! My milkweed has Oleander Aphids.

Thank you Megan. You were absolutely correct. Thanks to others who had offers of help. Will tackle the problem tomorrow morning.

Shirley, so sorry Kathryn is still in pain. Hopefully, she will get some relief next week. Hope Hunter has fun with his buddy. I think I would need to have an outdoor dining pavilion for four-legged critters.

Don't recall Judge Perry speaking of a hawk but likely missed that part.

Dinner over so going to put my feet up and contemplate the best method for aphid homicide.

BBL

Judie said...

Hi Paula. So happy your kitchen is all but finished. I know it looks beautiful. Enjoy.

magpie said...

Hi Paula ☺
JudyE and Lynn had already discovered yor Facebook posts on the countertops and have talking all the rave about them !

magpie said...

Ghost is making my typos
just ignore them

JudyEddy said...

Wind seemed to have calmed down some what OH that branch looks like it want to pop out of the screen at me I want to get some trimmer and reach in there and cut the silly thing

JudyEddy said...

I don't have ghost tonight I have gooood speed

JudyEddy said...

Knock on Wood

JudyEddy said...

Here EAGLE EAGLE!!!!!

paula eagleholic said...

My nephew just came running in to get some pliers...he caught a baby stingray...they were able to get the gook out and throw him back...got a couple of pics

JudyEddy said...

New word gook

paula eagleholic said...

LOL JBudy

Hoda said...

Well I figure if I start typing maybe they will show up???

I don't really mind that we did not go out paddling this morning. I thought the decision was made out of safety concerns and I agreed with them. The white caps would have been too much for us to handle.It has been a very windy day here all day.

Paula BRAVO and well done for finishing your kitchen cupboards. Having family to help is always a plus...

Yoga practice was good and there seems to be many gifts of opportunities presenting themselves in terms of workshops later on the summer...Nutrition and Indian Medicine...Auervedic as it is called.

paula eagleholic said...

Lol tiny keys :)

JudyEddy said...

I love it how sting rays like to be petted when ever we go see Winter the Dolphin I love the petting tank

Hoda said...

That would be Ayeurvedic...ancient Indian wholistic medicine.

JudyEddy said...

I am craving ice cream OOO I want to go and get some but I don't want to miss the eagles if they show Its been so long since we have seen them

Hoda said...

Judy E sting rays like to be petted?????Don't they sting??? I always feared them when I swam off the coast on Cape Cod...do tell me about petting tanks, what are those???

paula eagleholic said...

Might have been a baby skate

JudyEddy said...

If you step on them it is a defense mechanism to sting but at the aquarium you can pet the they swim by for you to touch just their fins I have a video of it let me see if its on FB or Blog I'll get back with it ok

paula eagleholic said...

Hoda petting tanks are where kids can touch fish and tutles and such...we have one here at the Baltimore aquarium...or they used too...can also touch shellfish

JudyEddy said...

HODA a quick video on my blog
StingRayTank for Petting

JudyEddy said...

Angie is trying to help Jordyn pet one but her arms are to short almost

JudyEddy said...

OH NO the colors are fading on the nest this is not a good thing Come On Eagles PLEASE

JudyEddy said...

♥♥♥♥♥ I Love IT Paula

JudyEddy said...

I know that there is a dead leaf in the nest but as the light fade away it looks like a mouse LOL

magpie said...

Paula
Lynn's friend Frank saw Bald Eagles - adult and juvies at Sleepy Creek Lake
she is making a Road trip with Frank and Irene Sunday to have a look-see ☺

Hoda said...

Thanks Paula, what a wonderful idea to have kids touch the creatures as they swim by.

JudyE Jordyn is too cute flapping her little hands in the water as they go by.

I associate sting rays with danger as the chap who used to wrestle crocodiles died when he was stung by one in the heart also my American parents seemed to warn about them...it seemed harmless in the video.
THANKS BOTH.

JudyEddy said...

darn it light on

JudyEddy said...

NO HODA they are not harmless you just have to know where to pet them at thats all I would not want to step on one they say that is so painful

JudyEddy said...

Don't know if I can get use to the new name it looks funny when it comes to me in email form and below the comment area Will try it out thanks to Paula

magpie said...

Howdy Hoda
I can barely type
but wanted to say Howdy ! ☺

Serious weather in Missouri and Illinois
Prayers for folks there
including Lynn's Momma

magpie said...

visit wishes looking a bit
bleak :(

Hoda said...

I was laughing at your sense of humour Judy E when I saw the name change and you had not yet said a thing about it...you are FUNNY

Hoda said...

HOWDIE Marey...I enjoyed your entries today as always

JudyEddy said...

I got the name from PAULA had said it a couple of times I'm going to try it on for a day or so Just odd to look at it like its not me

magpie said...

and I thought Paula was crackin' on ya' JBudy
due to typos on tiny key pad she has
I hadn't noticed either
sorry, didn't mean to insult you
I was going by your avatar not your moniker ☺

hedgie said...

Especially for Irene...and her almost-neighbor to be,Hoda:
Montana cams

JudyEddy said...

NO Problem

Hoda said...

MARGEY not MAREY blame it on typos not trying to invent new names...

JudyEddy said...

Looks like its a BUST for tonight SO SAD ;-{

paula eagleholic said...

LOL JudyE not a bad typo JBudy

That is exciting about the adult and juvies at sleepy creek

Hoda said...

Thanks Hedgie, pretty cool site

JudyEddy said...

I'm back
Couldn't get use to it Looked funny

magpie said...

sooooo
the chicken came before the egg BJudy ☺

It's okay Hoda
I LIKE Marey - neat spelling for Mary in fact

wvgal_dana said...

I finally made it on. Tried this morning and got to busy.

I have been thinking since yesterday about Lolly and Jack seeing that bear.

Sorry Hi everyone nice to be here with you. Sorry for those gone that I have missed.

JudyEddy said...

So funny as my email comes it I was actually reading my comment because of the name didn't look familiar to much confusion for my little mind LOL

Hoda said...

WOW PAULA, I just went to FB and saw the counter tops...AWESOME I bet you are very pleased with the end result. It looks like a professional job.

JudyEddy said...

WOW Does time fly look at the time and I haven't even showered yet so I must go get cleaned up


See you at SSCC at 5am


♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥



God Bless this Nest
and all whom watch it
Healing thoughts for
those in need

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle."


♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

magpie said...

It was harder to type also Judy
Welcome back JudyE

Hi DanaWV

Dinosaur in protest
need to do something about it

Checking out for the night
Hope that everyone in all our Eagle Corners are doing okay, AND
our Eagles of course!

God Bless This Nest, and
God Bless Us, Every One

xox ♥

magpie said...

PS Judie
Woof! about the Oleander Aphids
Good Luck on the Termination Project on Sunday
I can Feel your Pain...
and share your Angst !!!

wvgal_dana said...

Hi and bye JudyE

magpie said...

Oh shucks
here's two quickie crime stories for Judie:

last year or so,
burglar enters a house
owner away
he steals lots of jewelry
decides to stop at her computer and check out things on his Facebook! Kept himself signed in.
Got Caught, the next day or so
And
today,
two vehicles got broken into
perpetrator left his cell phone in one of the vehicles !
(or, actually not sure yet, might have been a cell phone he stole somewhere else first..more to be determined on that one.)
There's one born every minute

Good Night, Precious Pals !
xo ♥

wvgal_dana said...

Wow I finally get on her and now Margy is leaving..

I DON'T STINK !!!! lmbo

hedgie said...

Paula, didn't know that stingrays came so far north!
Actually, Steve Irwin died because he pulled the stingray barb out of his heart.....if he had left it alone and gotten immediate medical attention, he might have survived. I think he bled out before the toxin had time to cause effect.

JudyEddy said...

Poor Dana she forgot to use her deodrant today LOL Just had to say something had me laughing. I so hard came over to sign off and saw your comment cute. Never a dull moment with you gal thats why I love
Loved the burgular story another DUH Ok now shower and turning all offfff

wvgal_dana said...

Thanks Hedgie_Lynn put the Montana cams in favorites.

Road trip for Lynn, friend Frank and Irenevmaking trip to see Bald Eagles-adult & juviev at Sleepy Creek Lake. Yes a family memebe
told me they seen them there also.

Linda said...

Counter tops look great Paula!! Everything looks so much brighter, too!! Nice work!!

Linda said...

Evening Buds!!! Hope those of you still here had a great day today!

wvgal_dana said...

Hoda the Yoga with workshops later
in the summer. Sounds very interesting.

Paula I know you all have been busy
at he Beach house this weekend. Glad the countertops are finished. I sure more work was done too. Shaping up Gal (:
See your younger brother and your nephew are staying and fishing. Fun Fun Fun

hedgie said...

If I remember correctly, the FB dummy was NOT convicted!! There might have been a plea to a lesser charge...don't recall the whole story now....it's been a year or so ...
Goodnight JudyE and Margy!

wvgal_dana said...

Looked at Paula's kitchen on fb. I love the countertops. There is an Eagle Mug in one of the pictures lol

Judie said...

Oh my goodness. I return to find JudyE is now JBudy who has morphed into her original JudyE, Dana smells bad, and Hoda may attempt a Sting Ray adoption now she knows about petting tanks, Lynn is leaving town tomorrow, and Margy is reporting on stupid criminals.

Exhausted just reading all the escapades. Must slink off to continue to plot aphid murder.

The night light is on for Jo's return from the French restaurant, to those headed to the tub, up the stairs, to the bed, to the recliner, or stumbling in from the West Coast. Andy will set the alarm.

Restful sleep for all.

hedgie said...

Shirley, so sorry that Kat is suffering so badly. I imagine the first thing ortodontist will do is fit her with a mouthpiece to wear at night. I have a friend who ended up having to have the joint "disc" replaced on both sides---VERY successful!!

GOod that you got that new shampooer working....how about feeding in the laundry room??

stronghunter said...

Good night, Judie.

wvgal_dana said...

Hi PA Linda nice seeing you this evening.

I am sitting in recliner. Legs and feet need to be up.

Love your avatar

Hi Hedgie-Lynn how is Liesl? Give her a tummy rub please. ( :

stronghunter said...

It isn't so much about the feeding is it is about what happens awhile after they eat, and I am not quite sure which one it is. I just find evidence that one has thrown up.

We confine George in the laundry room while the dogs are eating so he won't steal their food.

stronghunter said...

Yes, we think they might fit her with a mouthpiece. At one time, they suggested one for me, but I did not want to do that then. I have not had any problems for a long time.

stronghunter said...

This is the longest Kathryn has ever had problems, though.

hedgie said...

Judie--not leaving town!!! Sleepy Creek is on western fringe of Hedgesville! Plan your aphidcide carefully!!!Goodnight!

hedgie said...

Oh---actually, one end of Sleepy Creek abutted our 50 acres on the mountain at my "other" house.

hedgie said...

All is well at the Momma's....so far! SHe said the weather alert radio keeps going off....but she hasn't had to go to the basement yet!

Hoda said...

Glad they were able to do it.Kitten Pipe Rescue

hedgie said...

Shirley, does it happen every time they eat??

DanaWV, Liesl is settled in for the night. Will give tummy rub in the AM!!!!

hedgie said...

Hoda, I saw that article a few days ago...posted it on our Animal Advocates page. Cool, huh???!!!!

hedgie said...

Linda, did you get caught up on home chores today? Or did your hubby do a great job while you were gone?

Hoda said...

Just so NO ONE would get any bright ideas now that the Canada Post strike is going to end with the governement legislating them back to work,I AM NOT WANTING TO ADOPT A STING RAY...NO WAY JUDIE...LOL...

stronghunter said...

Not every time, Lynn. And not always the same animal. Sometimes it is George, sometimes Flash. Once in awhile it is Luna.

Of course, being a cat, George sometimes has hairball issues. And he has decided to try to eat the plant I got for a retirement gift which causes barfing. I moved it once already. Now it looks like I will need to put it on the mantle.

stronghunter said...

Judie knows how to get rumors started, Hoda.

Hoda said...

Stronghunter, Shirley, ...and that is EXACTLY what I am afraid of!!!!ROFL!!!!

stronghunter said...

Be very afraid, Hoda. Be very afraid.

wvgal_dana said...

Have Kathryn on prayer list
for the appointment for oral
surgeon next week.

Sorry people are having problems
with Aphids..eating their tomatos.

Hoda I was in tears over the
Kitten Pipe Rescue. So glad
it all worked out for the little
kitten. ( :

Oh no Mr.Bob...Judie has stated
in her own words "Must slink
off to continue to plot aphid
murder". All the criminal studies
and lectures has gotten to our Judie.
She has confessed to MURDER !!

Starting a collection for Judie...
please everyone reach into your
pocket so we can get her a good
attorney!!!!

stronghunter said...

You may be receiving a shipment of stingrays at any time.

stronghunter said...

Hmm, Judie is still in the premeditation stage.

wvgal_dana said...

Great Graduation picture of Liesl. Shows just how small and cute she is ( :


PA Linda has a "bear window washer".

stronghunter said...

Thanks for your prayers, Dana.

Kathryn took some medicine and slept a good part of the day. I woke her once because she was sleeping with her mouth open, and that is not good.

wvgal_dana said...

My eyes are starting to get heavy.

hedgie said...

LOL, Hoda and Shirley!!! Judie is indeed our humorist!! What a gal!

Shirley, sure hope you can figure a way to protect your carpets. Retirment is NOT shampooing carpets every day!!!

hedgie said...

If Jo comes on here speaking French, I will need to find that restaurant she got lost at! Love listening to it---but never studied it. Espanol, si.....French, non!

Kay said...

Hmmm, JUDIE may still be in the "premeditation phase", but I have just returned from my deck. My hands have been washed, the weapon hidden and I think I have committed the perfect Waspicide. They wanted to take possession of the deck, but this town just wasn't big enough for the both of us.

JUDYE, LOL, I wondered when you were going to shake your "Budy" and I see you did after a few posts. Very cute !

Paula, hope you'll post the latest restoration pics on your blog later. Some of us aren't on FB.

LYNN, priceless pics of the adorable graduate ! She couldn't be any cuter. Did she and her sis ever get that visit in before the sis left for her new home ? Wow, what protective coloring the grey tree frog has. You have great vision to have spotted him !

Seth and I got back to our usual Sat/Sun routine, sharing dinner, Prairie Home Companion and Monty Python. He headed for bed when he saw that his grandmother was about to become a murderess.

Don't know if I'll make it back for SSCC or not---sure would like to see Belle n' Truder since they stayed away today.

Prayers for all in need !

♥L♥I♥B♥E♥R♥T♥Y !!!!!!!!

hedgie said...

Well dear friends, I am going to bid you adieu! Tub is beckoning...and then I'm sure the bed will,too! Prayers for all.
Sleep well!

Costume Lady said...

Hello you all...
I'm home...don't send out a silver alert:)
Capt. Gene and I had an all-day date...from breakfast out to dinner out. Watching on demand movie...see you all tomorrow.

Oh, looks like a road trip my be in order to Sleepy Creek to see the eagles that Lynn's friend, Frank saw. How exciting! Waiting for pictures!

Prayers for all♥

hedgie said...

Oops...missed KAy---no, Sassy never got to come visit Liesl formerly known as Sissy! Her departure for NY was very sudden! :(

Kay said...

LYNN, I stuck around a minute to see if you'd catch my post before turning in. Too bad Sassy and the former Sissy didn't get that little reunion. It would have been fun to witness, I'm sure.

WANDA, an all day date with Capt. Gene, sounds wonderful good !!!!

Night, night, sleep tight !♥♥♥♥

wvgal_dana said...

Sounds like a wonderful day for you and Gene to spend together Wanda ( :

Saying good night to all.

Prayers for everyone that needs them..God knows who you are.

Sweet dreams Angels On Your Pillows

stronghunter said...

Good night, Dana.

magpie said...

Just in case Jo does not make it back on tonight, I will take the LIBERTY of passing on her six hearts on her behalf
....
sure she would want us to have them

♥♥♥♥♥♥

Je t'aime xo
Bon Nuit ☺

NatureNut said...

Bonjour!!
Getting past nighty-night time. Hopev all the excursions that soundv really nice were fun today. And I hope tomorrow's are great, too.
Want pics--especially from Lynn if you go eagle hunting.
I put 3 small sets of mostly home stuff in the Nook. Enjoy....
Will watch a little mindless TV & probably konk out!!
So prayers for all in need and
Pleasant Feather Dreams ;>)

NatureNut said...

P.S. Read about the sting ray. A fisherman had one about 10 miles south of Park in the Patuxent at Eagle Harbor. We have pics. It was on the sand & looked a good 20".

Nite again ☺

stronghunter said...

Good night. Rest well.

stronghunter said...

See you tomorrow.

Ms Bookworm said...

Hi, Everyone,
Hubby and I had a very busy day today. We had breakfast with Sis-in-law, then went home for a bit and straightened up. THEN we went and saw "Super 8"--wow, what a movie! It was really, really good! It's extremely scary in some places, funny in others, and it has some sad moments, too. I recommend it!

Miss Emma has been very busy today. She is full of energy! Running around like a nut case!

I am really tired tonight, and my eyes don't want to focus, so think I will call it a day. Prayers being said for all, both human and critter. Making sure the porch light is on. Enabling both security systems. Sweet eagle dreams, everyone, and I will talk to you tomorrow. God bless, and goodnight!
Love all of you! :o]

Hoda said...

I will not have nightmares over the sting rays, I will not have nightmares over sting rays, I will not have nightmares over sting rays........... ;^)

Goodnight and God Bless to all who have already gone to bed.
Prayers that:

Madame Mema Jo n'oublie pas ses amis ici et qu'elle viendra bientôt...on vous manque Mema Jo.

Hoda said...

reviendra instead of viendra return in stead of come...

Goodnight all I will see you in the morning God Willing...I have a morning yoga class and then groceries...

Kay said...

Welcome to Cafe` Litte`raire AKA SSCC ! Today serving your choice of a fine French Blend, Hazelnut or Decaf, for coffee lovers and Earl Grey Breakfast Tea for tea drinkers.

Plenty of sunshine bathing the nest, so come on in Belle and Truder !

magpie said...

Good Morning Eagle Pals ☺

alarm clock this morning: couple arguing out in the street
they don't live here
police are on the way

alcohol seems to be a factor
one little car wrecked into the maiboxes :(

magpie said...

Good Morning Kay ! ☼

Kay said...

Oh, MARGY, what a lovely way to start the day !:( So, is your mailbox a victim ?

JudyEddy said...

GOOD Morning Eagle Buds Present and account for here

magpie said...

can't tell for sure.....
two officers, two squad cars

think a tow truck will be coming soon also
no one out there sober to drive

:(
Hi Judy !

Kay said...

Have done a quick run through of the European Osprey nests and I know you will, too. Isla still incubating, poor girl. Finnish birds enjoying a bright and beautiful day. Don't know why I keep returning to Finney 2 as I never spot an Osprey there, only a sad, vacant nest. Boo-hoo !

Kay said...

HI JUDYE ! Ready to shake your BUDY this morning ?

JudyEddy said...

JUDIE I aways love reading your comments you always make me laugh you come up with the darnedest saying of stuff on the blog interesting and so funny I love it You need to be a book writer with your ways of writing Keep it coming please

HODA the kitty in the pipe adorable!

LOLLY hope all your enconters with bears are good one

LORETTA nice picture I love your woodpeckers

MARGY not a good way to wake up

JudyEddy said...

Its ready to be shook LOL

Kay said...

MARGY, how late are the bars open in your neck of the woods ?

Kay said...

Seems like the drunks here have a penchant for running into power poles, thereby upsetting blocks and blocks of residents as they light thier candles and lanterns.

Kay said...

"their" candles.....that is

JudyEddy said...

EWWW Thundering out gonna look at radar

Lori O. said...

Good Morning Ea-gals!

I have my reg computer up!

JudyEddy said...

Yep looks like storms north of us and in the gulf coming this way

JudyEddy said...

We are missing someone where is DanaMo

Lori O. said...

Excuse me while I get some coffee. That Hazlenut sounds good. Anybody want anything in the kitchen?

Kay said...

LORI, too, but they both deserve a sleep in, so hopefully they're still working on that beauty sleep. Not that either of them need help in that department !

JudyEddy said...

I will take a bagel with cream cheese please and thank you

JudyEddy said...

I thought maybe she was busy working on the radio I would sleep in also if I was her not having to be up this early

Kay said...

MEGAN put in a rare nighttime post last night when JUDIE needed horticulture advice---about the time you became JBUDY. So, she may also be in sleep in mode today.

Thanks to all who posted links, videos, etc.. I enjoy them all !

JudyEddy said...

she just offered something from the kitchen what am I talking about

JudyEddy said...

colors on nest

JudyEddy said...

Now all we need is eagles to go with the pretty nest

Kay said...

/COLOR at the nest

magpie said...

well now an ambulance is here...
not for any serious injury though
bars open until 0300 I think
don't think this was a bar event

JudyEddy said...

What was the last day that we saw then Today is Sunday we didn't see them at all yesterday and on Friday right

magpie said...

keep your eyes open for the SPLIT

Hi Lori
glad you got yor computer going !

Tow truck has arrived

Kay said...

Yes, Friday. They weren't around at all on Saturday, at least not on camera. If only we had sound. That sometimes verifies the residents are around, but choosing to take a break from their Reality Show.

JudyEddy said...

WOW police, ambulances and tow trucks what a way to start a day How close is the neighbor can you hear stuff going on

Kay said...

Hey, hey, hey, good morning gLORI ! You came sneaking in ! How's tricks ? {{{{{LORI}}}}}

magpie said...

I think:
no Thurs pm visit
no Friday am or pm
or Sat am or pm visit

magpie said...

girl hit the tree not the mailboxes

JudyEddy said...

If these boomers get any closer I will have to say out of here early They are lurking just off the coast and trying to come ashore

«Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 1016   Newer› Newest»

4/25/24 both/resident crows

  605 an Eagle to the nest. I believe it's scout that for sure. 609 he left. 646 an Eagle lands on the lamp. I'd believe this is Bel...