Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tuesday

Muggy Day thread.  Am involved in a big conference this week, thus the sparse posts.

1,141 comments:

1 – 200 of 1141   Newer›   Newest»
Mema Jo said...

WOW! Thank you Steve for the fresh thread! Hope all is well.

Going to gather all the early birds and
get them to come over.

Lori O. said...

Thanks for the fresh thread, Steve.

Hello JO! Thank you for the call over or I would have been there all day. No doubt more exciting than my upcoming staff meeting!

JUDIE, I hope you're a good patient for your dentist. Or, does he gas you up?

LYNN - glad you heard from Geula. Nice to know she's okay.

Make it a great day everyone!

Okay, hopping off...work to be done.

Linda said...

Good Morning JO and LORI and the rest of the gang coming over.

Thanks for the new thread, Steve!

stronghunter said...

Thanks for the new thread Steve, and for the call-over, Jo.

Hunter and I ended up going to the grocery store and doing major shopping. I decided that it was best to get that task done. Sometimes if I go to the 7-11, I end up buying more than I should at their prices.

We have been buying more foods that are quick and easy to prepare while I was working, so I needed to pick up some basic necessities since I am going to be at home--fresh veggies, etc.

Really need to go to the farmer's market, but will do that another day.

Linda said...

Judie - I had the same type of explanation to me when I was 5 months pregnant!!

I broke out in a rash and they determined it was shingles. Then they told me that they didn't know if it would affect the baby or not because they don't have any statistics on child-bearing women having shingles. Needless to say it was an emotional rollercoaster until my PERFECT baby was born!!

They had to quarantine him after birth because I got ANOTHER rash in my last days of pregnancy. Another rare rash called PUPPS - I don't even remember the words of the acronym but it wasn't fun!

Linda said...

Hey SHIRLEY - How is your knee feeling this morning?

stronghunter said...

Knee is better, just a touch sore this morning. Thanks for asking.

I think I will survive.

Linda said...

Glad to hear it is better today, Shirley. Don't over do it today!

paula eagleholic said...

Thanks for the new thread, Steve. Appreciate your taking care of us!

Morning, all ☺

Linda said...

Morning PAULA!

Well I must go get some things done before my 2 hour course this afternoon. I'll be so happy when I have finally completed all these continuing education hours. PA rules are different than FL and I have to do live webcasts or attend seminars for half of my hours. They're more expensive and less convenient!!

Have a great day all!! Will pop in when I can!

Eagle-Eyed Shar said...

Okay, prayer request for me this time. I am in the ER and think I may have had a cardiac event this morning. Will let you know more when I know. No pain right now though. Love you guys.

Eagle-Eyed Shar said...

Yes, I know I prolly shouldn't be blogging from here.

stronghunter said...

Sharon, for goodness' sake, take care of yourself.

JudyEddy said...

Home for lunch A much needed new thread THANKS STEVE

Eagle-Eyed Shar said...

They are keeping me and calling in a cardiologist.

stronghunter said...

Prayers, Sharon. Do you have anyone with you?

JudyEddy said...

SHARON I will be praying and thinking of you till we hear from you Bless you my dear I hope you have someone with you now.

MARGIE Hope the blood work went smooth rough not being able to eat or drink My new dr doesn't require blood work which is fine with me Mine is always good all the way around so I guess I'm just luck because I do eat out often

KAY Shh are you still napping

I try not to shop 7 11 or like store really have to watch for outdated expired food there every time I would go get something there it was that way and too expensive also I agree

Hope SHIRLEY knee is doing better

Great that you heard from Geula

JudyEddy said...

WOW not a chatty day I have read all the comments since I left for work and I am in my collar and not hurting why oh why didn't I think of it before I just makes me sweat on my chin and neck its a hard one for no bending not a foam rubber one

OH my everyone at work notice my lip and off course they ask who hit me and when I tell them I wasn't for sure just thought it was from eating ribs to aggressively they all laughed as if the don't believe me LOL

stronghunter said...

When I had a sore neck, I found that the collar was a wonderful help, Judy.

stronghunter said...

Maybe people are watching the trial, Judy.

JudyEddy said...

Well looks like everyone has flown the coupe again so I will to hey they will be shocked that i came back early today

JudyEddy said...

Hey Shirley I thought I was all alone ok bye see ya later HAGD

stronghunter said...

I think mine is a foam one, though. I remember that the doctor told me how much my head weighed and that my neck needed help holding it up.

stronghunter said...

I was afraid to drive without the collar because it was so painful to turn my head.

stronghunter said...

Are you home for lunch, Judy?

stronghunter said...

Oh, I see you said you are home for lunch, Judy. I am sure you are rushed, then.

stronghunter said...

Keep us posted when you can, Sharon, but first, please call your family.

Mema Jo said...

ER - Sharon - thought we convinced you
that no more trips! I am worried about you - Maybe they gave you too much iron?
Prayers and more prayers for you!
Love ya ((hugs)) ♥

Costume Lady said...

I do hope Thelma is with Sharon!
Praying for you, my friend♥

Soup Kitchen is calling my name!
MENU:
CHICKEN CORN CHOWDER
HOT CHICKEN SANDWICHES/GRAVY
MASHED POTATOES
GREEN BEANS
FRUIT SALAD
TEA, COFFEE, LEMONADE

BBVVL

hedgie said...

Linda.....PUPPPS=Pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy....I had it, too, with my youngest. Only on my belly----my OB said it was like being allergic to being pregnant. No concern about safety to the baby then.

Heading out to Drs. apptmt. BBS.

Costume Lady said...

Oh, Jo...that could very well be. I cannot take extra iron tablets. Gives me heartburn and tummy upset. Pray that it is something like that!

stronghunter said...

Love chicken corn chowder, Wanda. Looks like a delicious menu. Hope you and Gene are up to working tonight.

How is Gene?

hedgie said...

Scrolling through before heading out the dooor and saw Sharon's post....Oh, dear.....prayers for sure, Sharon. Hope that it's nothing more than a gastric event......or just plain angina.....you're too young for anything so serious...we just can't have that happen!! Taking my prayers with me.

Hoda said...

Prayers for SHARON and hope to hear from her soon.

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE.

Thanks STEVE for the new thread and I hope your conference is going well.

Lynn I write everyday twice a day.In the morning and in the evening...It is a way I continue to see the meaning of what is happening in my life and to see the bigger picture, The DIVINE presence in my daily activities...I have been doing so since 1996. Nothing to publish. I am part of an Autobiography writing group and some of them are publishing, I simply like to hear stories and to see if I can tell my story too.

stronghunter said...

Writing every day--sounds like a good idea, Hoda, whether you publish or not.

paula eagleholic said...

Sharon, prayers for you.

Wanda, sounds like a wonderful menu. Glad the Captain is feeling OK so far.

Lori O. said...

Certainly PRAYING for you SHARON.

Please keep us posted. Positive thoughts for both you and THELMA.

HODA, I swear I'm going to run into a photo of you in a book someday with the caption "Prophet Hoda, Goddess of Peace, Yoga, Giving, Rowing and all things Good." You are an inspiration!

SHIRLEY - glad you did that big grossery run. It's always so much fun to go to the cupboards and have a big selection of good things to eat. Ever notice how quickly the good stuff is gone, like Oreos, Doritos, ice cream...

Eagle-Eyed's Sissy said...

Okay, she is in a room, still having alot of pain and everyone has a different reason why they are not treating her pain! Someone needs to do something NOW before I flip out!! Ok, I am praying... I think the doctor is on the floor now.

Eagle-Eyed's Sissy said...

Her BP is 197/95..

Hoda said...

OK Eagle Eyed Sissy...Thanks for the update on Sharon. Stay calm as she will need someone to advocate on her behalf and you do not want to alienate the doctors or the nurses. I understand the pressure of having her in pain and not getting action right away. PRAYERS seems like the good thing to do and she is in my prayers also...we are all rooting for her and for you. God's Blessings and Light be with you.

Mema Jo said...

If the dr is on the floor he had best see her quickly - If they are monitoring her BP a shot should be given very soon...

Keep us posted Bev! I am praying for you too.

stronghunter said...

Prayers here, too, Sissy.

Lori O. said...

Bev, remember to be very calm when you're with Sharon. Stress will only increase her BP.

I'll ask everyone to include PRAYERS FOR PAIN RELIEF & FOR SHARON'S BLOOD PRESSURE TO GO DOWN.

We're so relieved you're there with her. Thank you for the update.

stronghunter said...

Okay, I am getting the "I'm bored" treatment. But he does not want to get a "Slip and Slide," nor go to the pool, nor do anything outdoors. And he is not hungry. Lovely.

stronghunter said...

Oh no, Hunter just saw the news that kids have the Constitutional right to buy any video games they want.

However, his parents still have the right to say no.

Good grief!!

movin said...



**********************

Good MorninG fO

U aLL....

**********************

About the same weatherwise today in So Cal, maybe a little warmer peak....

Fairly beautiful...

[:~D] Jim

movin said...

Of course it should read "tO" instead of "fO". Hahahaha.

[:~D] Jim

stronghunter said...

Hello, Jim.

stronghunter said...

Well, now Hunter is back to watching Big Foot videos, but I think we will head out to Walmart and get a Slip 'N Slide or something similar. Sometimes I buy toys for myself and let him borrow them.

stronghunter said...

I have been having a hankering for a basketball goal, too, but I don't think I can get one of those in my car and unload it. That will require planning.

stronghunter said...

I bought myself the cutest little remote control car once.

stronghunter said...

I have been informed that Hunter's Aunt Maugie puts dish detergent on the Slip 'N Slide to make it more slippery.

stronghunter said...

How are you today, Jim?

Hoda said...

Shirley are you going to go lap top shopping today?

Good morning Jim. Tought highly of your one entry on the OC site.

Hoda said...

I am headed off to go to yoga and some errands. Lower seventies here today and slightly overcast so it is all good...BBL

stronghunter said...

I am trying to find out what I can get through the school system. The computer company offers discounts.

stronghunter said...

I e-mailed a request for info, but have not gotten a reply.

Hoda said...

Just make sure you have one before you turn in this one that you are working on right now...we do not want to have days where there are no entries from you...

Mema Jo said...

Shirley - Stay off the slip & Slide

stronghunter said...

Yeah, I hear you Jo!

Mema Jo said...

FB Sharon!
Sharon Lea Crisco Farley
Hello from Bluefield Regional. I have been admitted with chest pains. All prayers welcome. They are working to rule out a heart attack. More will be revealed.

Eagle-Eyed's Sissy said...

Lord have mercy! They are giving her potassium IV and it is killing her, hurting so bad she is crying!

hedgie said...

Hi. I'm back. What a waste of my time and the docs time...and taxpayer money! No attempt made to charge me a co-pay!
Sharon....still praying.....hope that BP is down....Sissy, glad you are with her, too (assuming that T-bird is, too!).

Gotcha' on the writing, Hoda. Like a glorified diary! That is a wonderful thing to do!

Shirley, d/w'ing liquid does, indeed, speed up the slip'n'slide. But agree, you should stay off of it---at least until all of your WC injuries are completely healed/fixed!

magpie said...

Oh...Sharon...
read her three posts identical ones at the end of the last thread...
now see some updates here


Oh...come on God, please don't get weary of hearing from us...
I know you won't- you never do !!!

magpie said...

Wanda -

sounds like a good Soup Kitchen menu...
hope Air Conditioning is on the menu !

at the church, and soon, at GG's

Hello to our Dear Father Captain Gene, and First Mate Wanda

magpie said...

the day is going to disappear here quickly

can't stay long

think going up to get James after work and come back down here.
think.
very hot
might be water balloons night

Shirley
Keep on improving
Sharon...PLASE DON'T BE SICK

XO

magpie said...

results from blood work in 2-3 wks
routine screening
bp was good
Wow did I have a BIG cup of coffee afterwards, a snack, then lunch

must go
Take Care everyone
see you this evening

xox

paula eagleholic said...

Potassium is good for the heart...

paula eagleholic said...

Shirley, sounds like someone might now be interested in the slip 'n slide ☺

Love the presents you buy for yourself ☺

paula eagleholic said...

Do we have any sound on our cam??

hedgie said...

Delphia was at Urgent Care----thought she broke her foot. X-ray okay UNLESS there is a hairline fx.

hedgie said...

Momsters are just having too many accidents and incidents!!!! PLEASE be careful, my friends!

hedgie said...

Well.....no luck for seeing the nest on campus Sat. Per Steve: campus is closed for holiday weekend. For security reasons, no one allowed.
For those who have viewed nest from the roadside...will nest be visible now with foliage???

hedgie said...

Sissy, they need to slow down the infusion rate......either that or it's infiltrated.

Lori O. said...

You're right LYNN. I hope SISSY reads your post.

My Mom had to have a potassium IV. She is tough and it had her crying. They slowed it down and gave her some heating pads for her arm. I think I remember her saying that the potassium goes in cold and it takes a long time to give it so they don't like to slow it down and have the process take even longer. Hope that helps.

Eagle-Eyed Shar said...

Hello my eagle budlets. They had to stop the potassium. That was more pain than I could withstand. Chest pain is not bad right now. Andrew is on his way and Mattie is sticking close. This has been a rough day.

JudyEddy said...

Still praying for Sharon hope she feels better soon and has releif in her pain.

OH MOVIN I'm glad you came back and corrected you spelling We really didn't think you meant fo


Oh I need to go see what Jim said on the OC forum

Mema Jo said...


Latest STINK BUG NEWS IN MD

Mema Jo said...

Questkon!!! OC forum - is that really really our Moving Jim????
He never stays long enough for me to ask him..........

Mema Jo said...

I am headed out with hubby
BBILW

JudyEddy said...

OK I give up I went looking for Jim post on the OC and I can't find it HMMM
Oh where oh where is Jims post oh where oh where can it be

Lori O. said...

The eaglet at Sauces nest on Santa Cruz Island (named him Dreamer) fledged today. Here's the video.

Dreamer Fledges from Sauces Nest

JudyEddy said...

For those of you that don't have face book here is an article

Wildlife Center Hampton bald eagle report

JudyEddy said...

Sauces Canyon eagle fledge today at 10;04am

JudyEddy said...

west end yet to go I think 13 will be first to go

JudyEddy said...

LORI both you and I posted the same comment I didn't put a video with it though I was just on face book and saw it Great minds think alike on this blog Huh

Lori O. said...

I had checked to see if the West End kids were close... that will be my tear jerker! K12 is the big girl - I just want them all to be safe.
You got your brace on? I'm so glad it's helping you! :)

Lori O. said...

No nap for me today so I'm about to doze off. Hope KAY got some sleep before Seth got there. At least her house was cleaned! I can't say that!

JudyEddy said...

Yep Its on but boy is it hot and sweaty My neck will loose weight because of the sweating You can call me skinny neck then LOL It is sort of a rubbery hard brace

I do have a foam one that I did find but it not as good as the other but I'm going to try it not so hot being it can absorb the sweat as the other has no absorption to it at all

stronghunter said...

Back from shopping trip. Went to Target and bought a Slip 'N Slide and thought I got a canopy. Now I realize I just got the screen wall, but not the canopy.

We need some shade in the backyard if Hunter is going to play out there--thus the canopy.

Looks like it is going to rain shortly anyway, so some outdoor things will need to wait until tomorrow.

We also got a Lego set. Hunter loves them.

When we arrived at home, we found Will here ready to mow grass, so things are hoppin' here.

JudyEddy said...

I'm afraid if I take a nap when I get home that I will never sleep tonight

hedgie said...

Good report on the stink bug fight......so are other states going to approve it in time??? Sure hope so!

I never saw a post from Jim on OC when it was first mentioned.....wonder if it was on that forum that they shut down?

hedgie said...

Shar---sorry the potassium was too much for you to bear.....

Lolly texted....they were in town for baths....she saw a golden eagle, as well as lots of deer elk---not sure if that is a type of elk or she meant deer AND elk! She did get my text about the bear cub!

stronghunter said...

Also got a lap tray for my laptop. I think I am really going to like it. Not fancy, but it has a little cushion on the bottom. And enough space for the mouse when George takes over the arm of the chair that I usually use.

JudyEddy said...

HODA
where did you see Jims comment on the OC or what did he say Curiosity you know

JudyEddy said...

LOLLY posted a beautiful pic on face book PRETTY

stronghunter said...

Let me see if I can find Jim's OC post. I responded to it and should be able to look up my own post.

JudyEddy said...

no more post to read gonna rest neck and get out of the sweaty brace stinky neck now need deodorant on it lol

hedgie said...

Sent Lolly ISS times for rest of week. Good sighting possibilities!
Bet the sky there is crystal clear with no ambient light!

Hoda said...

JIM'S Post at OC could be found at the:

Discussion Thread # 89 May 28.

he said that there were a couple of people there who were constantly and consistently saying that Liberty is still coming to the nest...he cancelled his account as he thought it was a very confused lot of postings.

JudyEddy said...

I forgot to answer this question from earlier NO BLUE BUNNY is not Walmart brand we have GREAT VALUE as our brand I can find out who makes our have to get back with that one I know who makes most all of our groceries Delmonte makes most of our vegetable, with the exception of one green bean it is made by Allen, our spices and package gravy's are McCormick's, Sugar is Donimos, Zataran is our rice, but our Brand are all GREAT VALUE and WORLD TABLE in the cookies, cracker, and nuts area Ok and you only asked about the Blue Bunny Ice Cream I do tend to go on and on and on

JudyEddy said...

OH I mis understood I thought it was a recent post by JIM Sorry ok LM again

JudyEddy said...

Lolly hiked three mile up the MTN and 3 back sounds fun Lets all close our eyes and pretend we just did it also Ok LM again back to trial

JudyEddy said...

Check out this squid found
GIANT SQUID FOUND was just on the new

hedgie said...

JudyE----where did you see about Lolly's hike?? I don't find it!

JudyEddy said...

So sad a tourist died
Parasailing accident off Longboat Key Bradenton

JudyEddy said...

One hour ago you can just go on her page she just posted a cute bear pic you gotta go see it

JudyEddy said...

she has pic posted on her page just below it ad that is where she mentioned it its the 6th picture

hedgie said...

That squid is UGLY!!!!

JudyEddy said...

I'm sure his or her mate doesn't think so LOL

Hoda said...

This is sweet.
Army Dad Surprise

Eagle-Eyed's Sissy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eagle-Eyed's Sissy said...

Sharon said the cardiologist came in and is going to do a stress test and echocardiogram tomorrow. Her second set of cardiac enzymes were good, so that is a plus. But, like she said, something happened this morning and if it does turn out not to be cardiac, it was something!! Hopefully they won't just rule that out and send her home without looking for other causes. Andrew and Kelsey and Mattie are with her, so she is in great company this evening.

JudyEddy said...

THANKS SISSY for the update Give her (((((HUGS))))) from me

Kay said...

SISSY, just read through the days posts and was becoming increasingly worried. Thankful for the more hopeful report of 6:59pm. Having those dear young people with her this evening will be a great tonic. Prayers continue !

LYNN, happy to see you've heard from Guela and that all is well. Am so excited as I think of you, PAULA and NICK and the "meeting" tomorrow ! Can't wait to hear all about it !!!!

LORI, great "Dreamer" first flight video ! Can you imagine the exhilerating feeling it has to be when it's what you've been training for for weeks ? Love his number 73--Stan's old stock car racing # and currently used by his son, Stuart.

JUDYE, the WCV report was terrific, taking us through the progress made by that last eaglet they took in. The report for todays date was thrilling and joyful !

Yes, kids, I took a two hour nap and had plenty of time to get things done before the boys arrived. We had lots of fun, good conversation, a nice walk.... Now I feel like I'll definitely head for bed early tonight ! They wear me out, but it's a good exhaustion ! May check in late for prayer requests, but if not will already have prayed for all requests we have up to this minute. Sorry there are so many falls, n' aches, n' pains n' woes among us, but am glad we have each other for The Ultimate Support Group !

♥L♥I♥B♥E♥R♥T♥Y !!!!!!!

P.S. Seth and Julie really liked the new arrangement I labored over through the night. Whew !

T-Bird said...

Hello my special eagle momsters and dadsters.

T-Bird said...

Thanks for the prayers.

JudyEddy said...

Is this a scorn woman or what
was on our Fox news

Prank-land-woman-in-jail

The three at West End or up and flapping

JudyEddy said...

Hey T Bird going into LM watching trial

JudyEddy said...

I remember seeing this before It was posted on Friends of Ponca eagle cam page on FB

A special eagle OSCEOLA ok now LM I should have never check facebook

hedgie said...

JudyE----FB is really messed up.....I see a pic of one of the boys with a bear puppet. But there is no text saying anything about hiking! Weird!

hedgie said...

OKAY---got it---it was pic caption!!!! I thought it was a post!! DUH!

hedgie said...

Kay, Paula and I make the trip to get Nick on Thursday! Tomorrow Liesl's foster mom is coming for a visit!

NatureNut said...

Did anyone get rain??? Just after I got home around 6:00, thought the thunder bumpers were going to shake the roof off the house--lightening, too & sky very dark.Didn't want to get on 'puter.
News showed storm north & south of here????? We didn't get a drop. Still very dark out. I just did a rain dance!

After work went looking for loon. Someone on a boat ride saw it yesterday diving behind the boat & didn't say anything to Greg who was driving because he thought it was a cormorant! Today, my bud from high school, Mary, took a group out on boat and said they saw it south of our lower boat ramp, not near office ramp. That's where I drove, but you can't see too far--need a boat!

JudyEddy said...

I just tagged you in her picture with my comment hope it comes through

JudyEddy said...

I got some rain does that count Loretta

JudyEddy said...

Ok back to the trail LM with finger legs and toes crossed we get a visit oh and EYES

hedgie said...

Hi, Thelma...bet you all are worn out. Take care of yourself, too!

Kay, glad Seth liked the new arrangement!! I'm sure you WILL sleep like a log tonight!

JudyEddy said...

EAGLE JUST FLEW

paula eagleholic said...

Hoda, I don't believe that's our Jim that posted on the OC forum

Sissy, thanks for the Sharon update

Did a bird just fly onto the Y branch...I saw something out of the corner of my eye while typing

JudyEddy said...

FLEW TOWARD THE TREE

paula eagleholic said...

Lynn, Lolly made comments on her pics, you have to look at each pic to see the comments.

JudyE, was Eagle coming or going?

No rain here!

JudyEddy said...

DIDN'T SEE ANY OF THE TREE MOVE

JudyEddy said...

PAULA YOU ARE NOT SEEING THING I SAW TOOO

JudyEddy said...

We may have a landing keep eye out

stronghunter said...

Lynn, you have e-mail.

paula eagleholic said...

Gotcha, Judy

stronghunter said...

I think it was Red who posted on OC.

JudyEddy said...

he flew at us but I didn't see the tree move at all and with now sound can't hear either

JudyEddy said...

Why does my heart jump when I see them

paula eagleholic said...

Watered the back yard and checked the garden. Picked 2 yellow squash, 1 zucchini and 2 small tomatoes!

JudyEddy said...

love the picture on facebook squash I love it

JudyEddy said...

Truder is probably sitting on top of the tree saying do I give them what they want nah I'll just sit here LOL

stronghunter said...

Lynn, you have another e-mail.

JudyEddy said...

Hey my new boss today told me to slow down I talk to fast and that she can't listen that fast LOL

JudyEddy said...

You watch the BIG TURD will wait till colors are gone on the nest LOL sorry for using the T word I know some don't like Its just that we know he is up there I am sure of it

Judie said...

Good evening, everyone.

Am very concerned for Sharon. I know she's getting good care and her most loved family are with her but I am still concerned. Anxious for an update.

Got a new temp tooth this afternoon. No problem. Jaw is sore. Thought of Wanda, of course.

Speaking of Wanda, the soup kitchen menu sounds yummy and I do hope they have a good group. Also hope that Father Capt. Gene is feeling better.

Seems most everyone had a good day. I'm getting ahead of the sandperson and headed for the pillow.

Night light is on for anyone headed back the hallway, to the tub, up the stairs, down the stairs, to the recliner (with laptop tray), or stumbling in from the West Coast. Restful sleep for all and prayers for Sharon.

NatureNut said...

Good Grief! Just saw early posts about Sharon!!!
Tell Sissy to just holler if you guys need help & we'll be down to whip that med. staff into shape!!!
Thoughts and prayers ☺ ♥

JudyE, I doubt if my rain dance helped you at all. As I recall it rains almost every day in FL in summer!!!!

Lynne2 said...

evening all. Just popping in to say hello!

sorry to hear Sharon is in the hospital. hopefully NOT a cardiac issue. They kept me overnight once with chest pains years ago, heart was fine. Followed up with gastric Dr and that's when they discovered the hiatal hernia. But it's good she is there....heart problems in women present so differently sometimes. Prayers for you Sharon!

Shirley, REALLY, you are NOT going to slip and slide and risk injury, are you???? Stick with the Legos!

Lynn, thanks for reaching out to Guela! Good to know all is well and hopefully she'll be back with us soon.

Hope Capt. Gene is feeling better today.

Hope all goes well with Nick tomorrow Paula and glad Lynn is going with you!

Lynne2 said...

Stormy looking here, but all of the storms are staying south and east of us. We really could use some rain here.

Awakened yesterday morning by cat MEOWING LOUDLY. Looked over towards window, and there was Brother, sitting atop the bedroom window A/C unit. That cat.......escaped AGAIN from the sunporch, and climbed the roof to get back in I guess, not being able to get back into the porch the way he got out. Back to the drawing board.

JudyEddy said...

Light on

hedgie said...

Light just came on. No eagles again...hmmm.

JudyEddy said...

Don't make a liar out of my Truder if you are in the tree come on down or Belle we saw you fly to the tree

JudyEddy said...

BROTHER at least he came home this time

Lynne2 said...

well, I'm going to go relax. Good night and prayers for you all!

hedgie said...

JudyE---so glad you are enjoying the TRAIL!!!!! I wish it would hurry up and be over! Can't seem to get anything done!

JudyEddy said...

I love the way the leaves look righ at this moment

JudyEddy said...

may be they sleep in the tree and they are there right now because we saw one fly to it

JudyEddy said...

Need to get a shower
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Well I'm calling it a day also

See ya in the am

God Bless this Nest
and all whom watch it at
Sycamore Palace
Healing thoughts for
those in need

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle."


♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

JudyEddy said...

Before I leave we just got our first named storm Arlene is her name and she is going to Mexico or TX

hedgie said...

Loretta, Mits said storm missed her, too.

hedgie said...

Shirley, you have mail back.

Goodnight, Judie and JudyE and Lynne. Hope Bro Cat stops that catting around!!!

PAULA-----is nest visible from roadside area when the foliage is on the trees??????

Mema Jo said...

Popping in to say I am tuckered out
Calling it a day

Good Night Friends and Prayers for
all those in our nest!
Hugs to all
♥♥♥♥♥♥

stronghunter said...

Lynn, you have an e-mail.

hedgie said...

Rest well, Jo. Feel better!

hedgie said...

Shirley, you have one back!

Hoda said...

Thanks Paula, as my yoga teacher likes to say " my bad" in regards to Jim and the OC post. Sorry.

Eagle-Eyed Shar said...

Hello my eagle budlets. Going to bed now. Thanks everyone for your prayers. Been a pretty scary day. Apparently my EKG has shown sinus tachycardia with ST depression which could represent some ischemia. MTBR. Love you all.

Ms Bookworm said...

Hi, Everyone,
I'm glad to see that Sharon is feeling better. Hope Drs. get to the bottom of this in the morning! ((HUGS)) and prayers!!

Sissy and Thelma, I hope both of you are taking good care of yourselves. Be sure you try to get some decent rest! Thank you for the updates on Sharon!
Lynne2, sorry that Bro Cat is up to some shenanigans again. Hope you can figure a way to contain him!

Mighty glad that Geula is okay. Hope we hear from her soon!

Well, I am plumb tuckered out tonight. I'm going to try to get more transcription done, but just in case I don't make it back here, I am checking to be sure the porch light is on. Enabling both security systems. Sending up prayers for everyone, but especially for those on the prayer list. Prayers, too, for all creatures.
Sleep well, everyone, and I will talk to you in the morning. God bless, and goodnight! Love all of you! :o]

Hoda said...

it was calm and warm on the water tonight and no need to wear a jacket. Lovely really. many geese when we first arrived at the beach and the rest of the time paddling was my focus really. We did several race starts and they are revving up for race season. Canada Day ,our equivilant of the fourth of July, is on Friday the first of July. They want an extra paddle on that day and I have to see if I can make it. Later on the morning, around 10:30 which will not fit well with yoga...I am forever stunned as to the choices I have. The lady that owns the beach where we store the boat came down to visit with us and she is a very kind and gentle soul. I thanked her for her generosity and for letting us use her beach and she was gracious about wanting something to do to share for a good cause. I felt a great deal of gratitude.

I read we had a fly by tonight at the nest. It must have been exciting...

OK Paula I already bought the ice cream to celebrate Nick on Thursday so I hope it all goes well and that he gets to come home with you...

stronghunter said...

You have a reply, Lynn.

Hoda said...

LYNN what time was your post on Geula? I missed it and am glad to hear that she is well but want to read what she said...do you remember when you posted it?

SHARON does this mean you are out of the hospital and at home?

Is JO not feeling well tonight or did I misunderstand?

SHIRLEY how is your knee?

Any word on Tori today?

I am in my anxious and worried mode which is when I miss things. So I remind myself that God will look after us all and I work on breathing and on prayers.

Prayers and Blessings to all.

magpie said...

Thanks for the update Sharon
We love you, and circle you with our prayers and love
xoxo ♥

Hoda said...

Welcome home Margy.How was your day?

magpie said...

Wow Paula is harvesting vegetables already ☺

Nice thoughts, on your post about the lady that lets you use her beach
Hoda...
Thanks for the reminder about Canada Day, coming up

stronghunter said...

My knee is in pretty good shape. Thanks, Hoda.

magpie said...

pretty good day Hoda
Grandson is here
When we got here
we checked NCTC then went to the Koonenay cam and saw a nice feeding
there are only two chicks there now, littlest one #3 did not survive...too little, compared to the other two
you might have already known that
:(
I read it on their info underneath the cam

magpie said...

glad to hear that about you knee, Shirley
also read about the grocery excursion

Also thanks Lynn, for checking in on Geula...glad to hear all is well
Hope that Delphia...will be okay with that possible hairline fracture

magpie said...

Hey there Lynne
don't exactly recall JO saying she did not feel well
she DID blame some neck discomfort on some dude named Arthur

stronghunter said...

Appointment tomorrow morning with a man about cleaning out the gutters and repairing them; thinking about gutter covers.

I have some gutters trying to remove themselves from the walls. Water is dripping behind the gutter in one place.

Also want to discuss repairing the loose vinyl siding.

hedgie said...

Hoda, it was sometime after 9AM that I posted Geula's response---so it would be on old thread.....most likely between 9:15 and 10AM. Glad you had a marvelous outing! Ready for a race already??? Way to go!

hedgie said...

Hi, Andy! Did you get rid of the rat????!!!!

stronghunter said...

Oh, yeah. What about the rat, Andy?

hedgie said...

Hoda, Jo has the sniffles...and Tori is doing MUCH better!!!! On regular O2 now!

stronghunter said...

I am going to say good night. I'll see you tomorrow. God bless.

hedgie said...

Yes, Margy, Jo feeling a bit puny....wanted to catch it before it became too concerning so called Dr. and got meds.

magpie said...

Shirley
you have done a lot to boost your local economy there this year
hope your gutter guy gives you a good estimate, and does a great job...gutters needing repairs can really be a PIA

magpie said...

thanks Lynn, sorry I misunderstood about JO
reading and working at work, does not work out too well...
imagine, having to work when I am at work !

stronghunter said...

I don't have any idea how much it should cost. I am going to get a couple of estimates.

paula eagleholic said...

Lynn, the nest is not as hard to see as the eagles in the trees with leaves!

hedgie said...

You have more mail, Shirley!
And I am following you out the dorr---at least for now! Bath time--almost finished the book I'm reading there, so want to do
that! Will check back in later if I'm not too droopy-eyed. Just in case will say g'night now and wish all well. Prayers for all, especially for our Sharon tonight.

magpie said...

Well,
it IS getting kind of late.
Think I will be heading to dent some pillows soon

Keeping our prayer needs close to my heart ♥

Good Night Everyone
See you sometime Wednesday
God Bless This Nest, and
God Bless Us, Every One

xoxo ♥

stronghunter said...

I do hope Jo is feeling better now. She does not need to mess with anything that causes breathing problems.

paula eagleholic said...

Hi James!!

magpie said...

Paula
James says Hi Back !
Told him about Nick today ☺
Nick got added to the Evening Toast

(I know he should be in bed, well he is, just not asleep yet!)
xoxo

SPLIT COMING UP SOON.....

Hoda said...

GRACIOUS ME!!! The skies went really dark and the heavens opened up and what a rain storm we are having...it is bouncing off the pavement. It sounds good and smells very healthy though...

stronghunter said...

One more message, Lynn, and then I am heading upstairs.

Hoda said...

Hi James...Margy glad you had a great day. I read the same post for the chick osprey.

Thanks I found Geula's post Lynn.
Thanks also for calming me down about JO and TORI.

Shirley I am glad your knee is much better also...

stronghunter said...

Good night, James.

Costume Lady said...

Soup Kitchen was a big success tonight. 52 guests and a handful of children (and they were a handful):)

Had to make more mashed potatoes, more vegetables and more gravy, also, had to make 2 extra bowls of fruit salad. Could not keep up with the Drinks...A thirsty bunch tonight

Capt. Gene is still not feeling any
very bad discomfort.
A nurse at the Soup Kitchen, told us his Shingles is contagious! Didn't know that:(

GOOD NIGHT FRIENDS
SWEET DREAMS

PRAYERS FOR ALL

«Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 1141   Newer› Newest»

4/23/24 both am

 Not surprised Bella shows up and lands on the Lop and he soon follows a few minutes later not seeing them all yesterday I am happy to see t...