Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Tuesday

Fresh thread.

1,033 comments:

1 – 200 of 1033   Newer›   Newest»
hedgie said...

Good windy morning. Hold on to your hats!!!

movin said...



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GOOD MORNING AND A

HAPPY NEW YEAR

TO ALL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

jIM

stronghunter said...

Thanks, Lynn. Thanks, Steve.

stronghunter said...

Happy New Year to you, Jim.

hedgie said...

I am a little bit miffed----put 100 lbs. of corn in open-feed feeder late on Christmas eve......and it's all gone already!!!!

hedgie said...

Happy ALMOST New Year, Jim!!!
Are you up late or early????

Mits said...

thanks, Lynn

Lynne2 said...

Thanks Steve!

Good morning Jim!

Shirley, I take it George had a serious blockage and had to have a perineal urethrostomy? What a life saving procedure for male cats.

Wanda...I'm so glad you read and didn't fall asleep from boredom reading my pigeon story!! Well then you'll be pleased to know that I actually found 2 pictures of them and have posted them on my blog!

We also got approved to adopt a dog!!! We'll be doing a "foster with potential for adoption" meaning they'll bring her to us (I think I sent a link to her picture and webpage a few days ago) and we agree to foster her for 2 weeks after which we decide to keep and adopt her, OR, if for some reason it doesn't work out (yeah right!) we also agree to keep her until she can be placed. I put a better picture of her on the blog too.

Lynne2 said...

OH MY LYNN!!! Sounds like your deer are inviting the whole of the state to your place for munchies!!!

paula eagleholic said...

Morning, all!

Love the pic of Casey, Lynne. And the pigeons, too.

Holding onto my hat here!

paula eagleholic said...

Morning, Mits! Long time no see on the blog!

hedgie said...

Mits, SO glad to see you back. Knew you were super busy, but was starting to worry!! Almost called you yesterday...but decided to give you one more day! Can't wait to see Christmas pics of the girls!! TOo bad that Jim has to leave so soon...know that Ceil will be sad.

stronghunter said...

George had so many blockages that the procedure was performed, Lynne. I do not know the medical term. What you have said looks good to me.

hedgie said...

Congrats, Lynne---when do you get her??
Pigeon story? Think I missed that.....where might I find it,please?

hedgie said...

Here's another local CHristmas angel story. An elderly lady recovering from a broken hip found her water heater leaking on Christmas day. She called a plumber-----who came and replaced it that day for free!!!! That's about $500of goodwill! Will mark this guy in my phonebook---if I need a plumber, nice to use someone who is a generous spirit.

stronghunter said...

Lynne . . .

Not easy to get approved for pet adoption. Guess not as hard as for child adoption, but congrats!

Kathryn and Tom applied and were told that they must have a fence, a doggie door (by one agency), and visits from the pet folks. She had problems when the pet folks kept canceling or not showing up for the scheduled visits, and ended up buying a puppy from a breeder. They do have a fence, but not a doggie door.

I have always been a little concerned about what else might enter by way of a doggie door. It sounds like a nice thing to have, but . . .

stronghunter said...

Yes, I would like to see the pigeon story, too. I could tell some pigeon horror stories, but not warm-hearted ones.

Mits said...

my Dad used to raise and race pigeons...I like them;)

Lynne2 said...

well Lynn, let's see. I think it was Helen that sent an email full of funny stuff titled Ho Ho Ho in yahoo. I sent a reply and the pigeon story is in that reply which I did yesterday.

Shirley, that procedure is the one they most likely did on George. Male cats that are blocked are such a nightmare and such an emergency.

As far as getting Casey...who will be renamed Daisy in the event of adoption (after Raven, who was such a loudmouth as a puppy that the breeder named her Blazon's (the kennel name) Screamin' Daisy, so that was her AKC registered name. I liked the name Daisy but Kenny, my boyfriend at the time, was a HUGE Raven's fan, the Raven's being new to Baltimore, and she was mostly black so he wanted to name her Raven.) Oh heck what was the question? I have the babbles again today....sorry!
OH, OK, so they will transport her for us (she's in Mount Royal VA right now which is about 5 hours from us). WHEN is the problem. Has to be done on a weekend and they could do it this weekend but since we didn't go to Terra Alta for Chirstmas due to ice, we are planning to go there this weekend...and it looks like more weather is coming. SOOOO, we'll have to work on that.

Eagle-Eyed's Sissy said...

Good morning everyone!! Wonder when we are supposed to get that live feed?? I am sure anxious for it! There will be eggs before we know it!!!

Lynne2 said...

ugh, NOT Mount Royal, ROCKY MOUNT.

Mits said...

early a.m. eagle at lake Washington nest

stronghunter said...

When I was in my first teaching job in Newport News, there were pigeons living in the walls of the school building. There was an opening in the ceiling of the closet of my classroom, and sometimes pigeons got in.

One time a pigeon spent the weekend in my classroom. What a mess! I was not happy when the principal told me he had seen the pigeon on Friday afternoon and had done nothing about it.

Mits said...

eagle sitting on the branch at LW watching the sunrise

Lynne2 said...

wow Lynn that is a great story!!! It is so heartwarming to hear these things and know that there are in fact Angels among us!!!

Shirley, I have actually volunteered for collie and chihuahua rescues, and for shelters in the past, and yes sometimes it seems that the criteria is way out there. I just try to remember that they want to find the best homes so that the pets don't end up homeless again. However, sometimes they make it way too hard and people end up going elsewhere, as your daughter did. Which is just fine....but I have to tell you, the breeder we got Raven from was pretty strict too! He surely didn't want his dogs going just anywhere!
This particular rescue only requires a fence if there are small children in the home as well.

hedgie said...

Aha....plumber is also chief of one of our local fire departments! That makes him an even bigger angel!!! Bet Margy knows him well!!

Lynne2 said...

I'm sure there are some pretty horrible pigeon stories :(
Not everyones favorite pest and well, tasty morsels for apex predators.

Mits, that's cool...I really did enjoy having those little guys around. They were very interesting to watch!

stronghunter said...

Another time, my students and I were sitting quietly in the classroom when there was a bang and a fluttering in the closet. One student raised his hand and said calmly, "Miss Hunter, I think there is a bird in the closet." I went back and opened the doors (silly me), and the bird flew out and began circling the classroom. To their credit, the kids sat calmly as they watched the bird fly around and around.

I was finally able to get another teacher to go for help, and a custodian brought a broom and drove the pigeon out an open window. (I told the other teacher she could stay in the room with the kids or go for help. She said she was afraid of birds.)

glo said...

Wanda Yes Margie and I would have a blast together but she doesn't come with near the natural padding I do. I would have to bundle her like crazy to ever take her to the dam :-). I think after I got her layered I owuld put rocks in her pocket before I let her near the river just in case the wind was blowing too hard too. On th eother hand spring over their would feel perfect to me if it was sunny and 60 most likely by the end of my winter. And aren't birds great in the spring. Well except my eagles go home to do their thing and I always miss them.

Tuesday, December 29, 2009 10:13:00 AM

Yippee sound slike a new doggy for Lynne for the New Year What a lucky doggie daisy will be. :-) Off to run errands this am, and off to the dam this pm. Sun is shing very pretty yet very cold day.

stronghunter said...

Lynne, I do appreciate what those folks do, and Kathryn was interested in staying in touch with them. She was mostly frustrated with the woman who did not show up for appointments because she did see some dogs she really wanted, and she was interested an an adult dog to be a companion to her other adult dog. Of course, she loves her puppy, too.

hedgie said...

Noticed no lights blinking at Finland this AM---knew it was dark when I opened, but was hoping to see a lit ferry!

Just now getting to yahoo mail...so will see the pigeon story!

Hey, Mits, my daddy had pigeons, too! I know they can be messy pests in the city, but love to watch them strut and they sound so much like doves--I think it's a very soothing sound.

Mits said...

osprey at Dunedin cam

Lynne2 said...

funny Shirley!!!

Stay warm Glo and Dex!!

Where's Megan been? Probably waiting for me to get out of here so she can get a word in edgewise!! LOL!

stronghunter said...

Going to take a break.

BBL.

Eagle-Eyed's Sissy said...

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/brandoncook/mystory

Wow, you guys! That is Tom's cousin, Jim Cook's, son. He was diagnosed on August, I think, with nonHodgkin's lymphoma. We had no idea about this until just now!!! Devastating news, simply devastating!!

Lynne2 said...

Bev, how awful...prayers for the family of course.

BBL

Mits said...

prayers for Brandon, and also Lynn's friend

hedgie said...

Neat pigeon story, Lynne!! Nature is amazing.

Mits said...

eagle at Two Harbors:)...IWS site

Lynne2 said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I just got a call for a job interview for next Monday at 12:30!!!!!!

NatureNut said...

Morning Everyone! Sunny, cold and windy here! BRRR-----might have to wear my Panda hat and get taken away! LOL
Heard someone here on phone w/buddy talking about New Printer that was ordered!!!!(Not a brand I would choose!!)Think the printer is fine--maybe something wrong w/cartridge tips. Test papers great, doesn't seem to like thick photo paper at present.
Oh well~~~it is what it is!
Stuff to do on last day of vacation for awhile~~~~~Later

hedgie said...

So sorry about Brandon, Sissy. Adding to prayer list.

Eagle-Eyed's Sissy said...

Yeah, ain't that a whoopin? We don't see them much anymore since they moved out there years ago, usually once around the 4th of July. We all were dating and got married around the same time. I hate to know they are going through such devastation!

Eagle-Eyed's Sissy said...

Tom's family has a terrible track record with cancer. He has lost three brothers and another 18-yo nephew to cancer.

NatureNut said...

Just read back & so sorry to hear about Tom's cousin, Sissy. Prayers for him, too.
And hope you and all others ailing are feeling much better.

NatureNut said...

Just read back & so sorry to hear about Tom's cousin, Sissy. Prayers for him, too.
And hope you and all others ailing are feeling much better.

Mits said...

there was a visit yesterday to the new Sidney nest by a sub-adult, folks from Hornby nest saw it, they are thinking it is around 4 yrs old, sorry I missed it, but they did post a great video of it.

paula eagleholic said...

Eagle at BWO

Sorry to hear about Tom's cousin, Sissy.

Mits said...

Paula, you have mail.

Mema Jo said...

Hi There Everyone! I am late this morning. Kristen is here and we have been busy with housework..She said the carpet looks as though we had a party!

Sissy - prayers for Brandon & his family - that is very sad for them.
Lynne - great about a job interview - didn't know you were looking. Daisy
is beautiful and should fit in just great with you and Steve.
Sure is windy out there today and very very cold. It is even going to get colder.

Megan if you are out there - come in!

Lynne2 said...

"ain't that a whoopin,?"....I don't have my Baltimore to West Virginia translation dictionary with me.....Help!

Seriously, I had no idea Tom has lost THREE brother to cancer...that's horrible

Lynne2 said...

yeah Jo, been out of work since March. Been tough.

Mits said...

moose cam is back on live...no moose

Mema Jo said...

Great because that means Pook is alive and well! Thanks for the info, Mits - I have been worried since last year she
hurt her foot and the cam was down for
a good many days.

Mits said...

Pook is moving the cam around

Mits said...

she found 2 moose

Mema Jo said...

There come the Moosies! 2 of them.

Lolly said...

Good morning! Took my time and read through the blog.

Prayers for sure for Brandon. He is a good looking young man, and apparently a Texas to boot!

So, George is not through with his treatment yet and on his way home. I will loan you Annie. lol

I think my Annie is related to Brother cat. Is that his name? Evil with whiskers!!! roflmbo Laurel would say they are brother and sister, for sure!

No snow here yet, but it is due to start soon. Well see! However, we do not have wind today.

Mits said...

divers at Bonaire

Eagle-Eyed's Sissy said...

Is is www.moosewatch.com that ya'll are watching? Lost all of my bookmarks on old computer.

Lynne2 said...

aww, no way Annie could be as bad as Brother Cat. Let me know when she jumps on the table and steals a half a roast!! Although it would make me feel better in some way to know that I am not the only one out there with a Freakshow in a Fur Jumpsuit.....

Mits said...

yes, Sissy, that is the one

Eagle-Eyed's Sissy said...

Thanks Mits!!

Lolly said...

Read through the Eagle Watchers Guide at BWE. It is great! Think I will print it out for Laurel. She could have it in her 6th grade reading classroom. I once brought her back a book from Alaska. It was a book written by a boy who lived there and he was in 6th grade. Every year she uses the book in her classroom

Lolly said...

The guide printed out beautifully. It is really neat.
Even if she does not use it in her curriculum, she can have it in her room for extra reading.

Lolly said...

I am off to see what I can accomplish for the day. Jack has turned on the heat in his workshop, so he will be out there for most of the day. mmmmmmm what shall I do????????? It is so great to have nothing I HAVE to do!

BBL

Eagle-Eyed's Sissy said...

Lolly, what part of Texas do you live in?

Judie said...

Good early afternoon, everyone. Thanks for the new thread, Steve.

Shirley, hope George/Georgette can come home sooner rather than later today. Always tried to never leave ours alone overnight unless at home. Worried me near to death.

Wanda, happy Ms.Gee Gee is some better and hope she continues to improve.

Glo, enjoy the day with Dex.

Windy here but nice sunshine -- oh, wait, I think that's the stove! Nope, sunshine for sure.

CONGRATULATIONS LYNNE! What a way to begin the New Year with a loving companion (Daisy) and maybe a new job! Yippee.

Sissy, sorry about Brandon. Prayer for all.

Late start today. Being lazy. Need to finish a grocery list. In keeping with "southern" tradition, need pork, black-eyed peas, etc. for Friday. Tonight I think taco style salad -- easy, tasty, and won't mess up my shiny stove.

Off to check the moose cam.

Lolly said...

SISSY...we live just south of Fort Worth. Mailing address is Burleson, but actually we live in the country just south of Burleson.

We are just off I-35. We are approx. 4 hours from Houston.

Mema Jo said...

BBL

stronghunter said...

George is ready for me to pick him up, so I am off to the vet's.

Mits said...

1 moose on moosecam

Mits said...

lots of turkeys at PIX-PA

hedgie said...

Wow, looking back to last year, it will soon be time for Pooks' moosies to be leaving.........awfully short season there!

Bob Quinn said...

Good afternoon! Hope everyone had a great holiday. Here's a couple of photos from Sunday at BW:

Sunday

Bob

Eagle-Eyed's Sissy said...

Wow Bob!! I want one of each!!!!!!

paula eagleholic said...

Mits, I didn't get any mail...

Lolly said...

Thanks Bob! Always love your pictures. My favorite is #10. Wow! And, of course, the eagle pics!

Jack I just made a run to Half Price Books. It was time to get stocked. Going into town we had mostly rain, coming home mostly snow, then all snow. It is coming down heavily, but it is 38 so it will not stick. Find it hard to believe this is our third snow this year. Wow!

Yea! Shirley, glad you have gone to get George. Now, is he going to be mad at you? When Annie comes home from "camp" she cries and cries! Drives us batty. She never goes to the vet. She is almost 15 and never been to the vet except for shots. She is the healthiest cat we have ever had.

Time to wrap up in a blanket and read!

BBL

Lynne2 said...

Bob what great photos! I love the red winged blackbird on the cattails!

I am FREEZING. I have such a chill I can't stand it!!! It's plenty warm in here at 68 but I just cannot get warm. I think I'm going to go wrap in a blanket too!

Lynne2 said...

wow, that must be very sore where those antlers fall off. Bet they go to great lengths to protect that area once that happens.

Judie said...

Hi Bob, thanks for the pictures. All are terrific. I especially like the eagles but #14 reminds me of myself -- never sure whether it is nearly morning or nearly night.

Shirley, hope George/Georgette is happy to be home. With ours, a visit to the vet always ended up with brother/sister acting like enemies -- hissing/spitting -- and an extraordinary display of disdain for we humans.

Lolly, enjoy the snow -- falling is pretty with the benefit of being teflon no-stick.

Have to admit I am clueless about moose (mooses?) Do their antlers fall off and new ones grow or do they fall off after an encounter with a rival? Looks very, very painful and prone to infection. Yuk!

Back to reading.

Eagle-Eyed Shar said...

EAGLE!!!!

magpie said...

I'm keeping you company, Sharon, now Two Beauties in the nest ☺

Mits said...

good thing the black bands are horizontal, otherwise it would look like it was in jail

Eagle-Eyed Shar said...

Both in the nest! Am I by myself??

Mits said...

Paula, sent it to you again...

Mits said...

great pictures, Bob, thanks

NatureNut said...

Looks like maybe 2!!! Bars across the pic still Boo

Mits said...

cam is a mess......;(

Eagle-Eyed Shar said...

Okay, glad I am not by myself!

Mits said...

now just 1

NatureNut said...

Was that hp??

NatureNut said...

POOF

NatureNut said...

Great pictures from Bob!!

magpie said...

Nest looks like a big catcher's mitt.

Loretta, enjoyed your Moon pictures, afraid we might get clouded out from seeing the Full Blue Moon on the 31st.

must read back on earlier posts now

Good Afternoon, Eagle Pals.

xo

magpie said...

I'm thinking, not on the HP - might have had something to do with the cam quirks and ghostly impressions

magpie said...

Sissy
Thank you for asking us to share on the Prayer journey for Brandon and his family. Stunning photo display on the website....
I am so sorry...

magpie said...

Hedgie

Yes I do know that fire chief!
And that is a lovely Angel story...a Man Angel story ☺

magpie said...

Glo -
if we go out together, yes on all those suggestions, and we should tether ourselves together ☺

magpie said...

I just scored a Poop Shoot Facial and could really use one !

magpie said...

Lynne Good Luck on the job interview, hope it is for something really cool!
And regarding Daisy - hope it works out also!
"Daisy - in the language of flowers, is the symbol of Sentiment "

magpie said...

Mits
It sounds like your Christmas days with the family, was wonderful ☺

magpie said...

Yes indeedy those photos from Bob are magnificent !

magpie said...

Paula
Like your avatar, will just have to look at it and feel festive, I am working New Year's Eve :(

magpie said...

a few moments of no lines on the nest view, hope it lasts
especially if the Eagles return

Hope everyone is doing well, seems that the winds have died down

bet there is all kinds of debris on the city streets here

floralgirl said...

Howdy all:) Frigid, blustery day out today.
Wasn't sure the cam was working, but it must be cause you just had an eagle visit.

magpie said...

Hey there Megan, g☺☺d to see you

Moon is out and looking Good right now already !

magpie said...

The Royal Pair was early, maybe they will return for you Megan

floralgirl said...

Hey Margy:) I see that moon, it is already beautiful tonite.

Mits said...

Hi Megan:)

floralgirl said...

Hello Mits:)

floralgirl said...

The cam pic is awful...Bob's pics are wonderful, I love the sunset shots!

magpie said...

I would love to see or hear some Tundra Swans by the light of the silvery moon

floralgirl said...

EAGLE!

Mits said...

EAGLE BACK

Mema Jo said...

Eagle .............Hi Megan

floralgirl said...

EAGLE! Hi Jo:)

Mits said...

Eagle just arrived at BWE too.

Mits said...

BOTH

Mema Jo said...

Both

Lolly said...

Looks like nestorations!

Mema Jo said...

Sure is a difference in cam reception!

Mits said...

yeah sure is a big difference.

Mema Jo said...

Here comes our ghostly images again..

Mits said...

@#$%@$% cam:(

Mits said...

poof 1

Lolly said...

one poof

Mema Jo said...

One went Poof
(I think)

Mits said...

the other one came back

Mits said...

poofed again

stronghunter said...

I see them--or one of them.

Mema Jo said...

Thank you Mits for expressing our opinions !!!!

stronghunter said...

Light is on.

Mits said...

my $%#%^ pleasure, Jo:)

Lolly said...

Ohhhhh, now that's a ghostly pic!

Mits said...

poof

Mits said...

both now at BWE

Lolly said...

Poof, I think. Might just be seeing through an eagle.

Mema Jo said...

Both eagles at BWE with a perfect view

floralgirl said...

2 black lines and a spiderweb at our nest...

Mema Jo said...

Yep Lolly We have an MT Nest with a night light on and a spidey starting a web and a bold black line in the middle with a smaller black line starting up the screen.

Please get us our LIVE FEED
without any interference....

Lolly said...

Snow is sticking and starting to look pretty. It is till coming down heavily.

Lolly said...

Now we have 4 black lines!!!!!

Mits said...

poofed at BWE.

stronghunter said...

George is home. No he does not act angry with me, thank goodness. He meowed a little and then purred on the way home. I stopped for a few minutes to get my new glasses, and he was a little concerned about being left in the car, but I was parked right by the door and was only gone for about 10 minutes. (Almost took him with me, but George and his carrier weigh over 20 pounds, and, besides, I had him secured with a seat belt.)

I preferred to pick him up before the glasses because I really wanted to see him and also wanted to get out of the part of town where the vet is before the traffic picked up.

George is back at his bird-watching station.

I did talk with the vet about the propulsid. He said that he doesn't know of problems for cats with it. It has certainly helped George. His last hospitalization was in March. For George, that is really good.

magpie said...

Sounds good Shirley, hope the evening goes well now that George is back in HIS Roost.

Love to all, time to go to work

There go my 75 Canada Geese...by the light of the silvery moon.

God Bless Us, Every One

See you Wednesday xo ☺ ♥

stronghunter said...

Margy, have a good night at work. Hope it is a quiet shift.

Lynne2 said...

Glad George is home Shirley!

Judie...deer, elk, moose all loose antlers after breeding season and in the spring they grow back again. They are covered til full grown in late summer with a soft fur called velvet, which when nature dictates, prior to breeding season, dries up and then they spend lots of time "rubbing" on trees and such til those new antlers are clean and ready for fighting! They can break off though, in a bad fight.

Lynne2 said...

Conversely, animals such as bison and antelope and sheep (bighorn, mountain goats) don't loose their horns each year. Of this I'm am 99% sure. Anyone?

Eagle-Eyed Shar said...

Three deer out here eating the corn. I love it, about 4 feet on the other side of the window. Beautiful!

hedgie said...

Hello, again! Lazy afternoon here.
Bob's picd are lovely, but having trouble viewing as a slide show so that they are bigger! Will keep trying.
Margy, will hear you in a few minutes---sorry I missed you!
Judie, I don't THINK losing antlers is painful....but admit that I was very surprised last year to see that the area bleeds, so....guess area must be tender for a while! Did you go back to older pics from last year and see the measurements Pook had on antlers??

Lynne, glad to hear you have an interview scheduled. Does it sound like an interesting possibility?

Mema Jo said...


2009 Zoo Review from FONZ

Lynne2 said...

Lynn, it's for a receptionist at a local vet hospital. After my last 4 year experience in the most horrible hospital run by the most horrible vet I have ever worked in, I really wanted to get out altogether. But even though I have sent gads of resumes to other kinds of offices, the interviews have been few. There are just so many people out of work and I don't really "specialize" in anything. I was hoping for a job in a human medical office. But right about now I can't be picky.

stronghunter said...

Lynne, I hope it works well for you. It is clear that you do have specialized knowledge in veterinary medicine.

I got to see 8 newborn German shepherd puppies when I was at the vet's today. So cute.

stronghunter said...

Lynn, are you going to replace the 50 pounds of corn? How did you get 50 pounds into the feeder? Can't really see you lugging a 50-pound bag of corn out there, but maybe I just don't know.

Mema Jo said...

So glad that George is home and I know you are glad to have him back!

Keep that beautiful snow in TX!

Quiet evening of work for you, Margy.

Lynne - hope it is close to home and that you get the job!

Finished dinner.... So very cold out!

stronghunter said...

Yes, it is very nice to have George back home. I need my furry companion.

Eagle-Eyed Shar said...

I have lots of furry companions that I could share! :)

Mema Jo said...

I am cam surfing but at this time of day there isn't too much to view..

stronghunter said...

How many furry companions do you have, Sharon?

hedgie said...

Shirley---2 50# bags.....SIL toted and then dumped them in. I will probably give in again and get more soon....thank goodness price has come down. That is why I had stopped buying it---price had been up to $13+ a bag last winter. Back now to $7.50, so don't feel as if they are busting my bank account.

Lynne, job sounds like a good fit!

stronghunter said...

Barking dog at Pix Pa.

stronghunter said...

Wow! 100 pounds of corn. You are feeding a lot of critters.

Lolly said...

I think Lynne's possible job sounds fantastic, a very good fit.

Lolly said...

Snow has stopped, not near what we had Christmas Eve, but still pretty. On the news, sounds like bridges and overpasses are going to be the worst spots on the road.

hedgie said...

BTW---only way I can do those bags of corn myself is one bucketful at a time---and I haven't done it that way in a LONG time---haven't attempted since w/o 4-wheel drive now, I'm afraid to drive truck into the leafy woods for fear I wouldn't get out!!

stronghunter said...

George is lying beside me purring.

stronghunter said...

Yes, I would be doing it one bucketful at a time, Lynn.

Lolly said...

Ahhhhhh! Tell George we have been thinking of him.

Lolly said...

Pot of chili on the stove and will mix up a batch of cornbread to go with it. It is that kind of night.

Mits said...

eagle at Hornby nest, and you can hear the sea lions in the background

hedgie said...

Had 5 deets a little while ago rooting around looking for more corn!

stronghunter said...

How far from your house, Lynn?

Mits said...

really up close to cam at Hornby, doing major nestorations

stronghunter said...

I don't think I have the right Hornby link, Helen. Where are you watching it?

paula eagleholic said...

Yum, Chili and cornbread sounds good Lolly...had open faced beef sandwich w/ gravy, and green beans here...still working on leftovers

Mits said...

just sent it to you, Shirley

stronghunter said...

Thanks, Helen. That really is a close-up. The eagle was checking out the camera.

Mema Jo said...

The Hornby cam I have up is the wide range.... Mits can you send me the one
you are watching... Thanks

Mits said...

yeah you really get a close up there, did you hear the seal lions...they call them "the Boys"...

Mits said...

on its way, Jo

stronghunter said...

Haven't heard the sea lions yet. I'm listening.

Mits said...

well the eagles are making a lot of noise right now...

Mema Jo said...

Thanks Mits

paula eagleholic said...

Bob - Awesome pics, once again, from you.

Judie - apparently the moose antlers fall off after mating season and they are done fighting over the females

Shirley - glad George is back and not pissed off at you.

Lynne - good luck on the job interview!

Lynn - can you get any pics of the deer munching the corn?

Mits said...

osprey still at the Dunedin nest..should be laying eggs soon...sparky says last year they laid them 1st week in January.

Mema Jo said...

I was just viewing Bob's photos from this past Sunday - All of them could win prizes. Those sunsets are spectacular.

hedgie said...

About 20 feet, Shirley.

Mema Jo said...

Mits - I think this is the nest where just a few days ago Margy spotted a red cloth. Next day I looked and it was gone.

hedgie said...

Paula, have taken and posted pics before, but they don't turn out well because of the sunroom glass glare/reflection. If I put lens right on glass, the deets either see or hear me and run!

Mits said...

thought she had seen it at Cape Coral....Suzanne emailed me this a.m., when they were in the CC nest,but I missed them.

Mema Jo said...


Ft St Vrain's couple is getting their
nest ready.

Mema Jo said...

Well I guess I best check out the nest tomorrow and maybe it is still there.

hedgie said...

Lolly, I headed to the cupboard to see if I had makings for chili (for tomorrow)---nope, out of kidney beans :(
Working on grocery list now!!

hedgie said...

Kennedy Center Honors show is on tonight, 9 on CBS, if anyone is interested in watching.

Mema Jo said...

Well I'll be waiting to see if my numbers are the lucky ones for the Mega drawing tonight. My big whopping
$3 worth might hit it! lol

BBILW

Lolly said...

Just finished our chili supper. It was yummy! Our first meal after leftovers. lol Paula, I froze the rest of our leftovers.
We ate in here on TV tables in front of the fire. B Jack is watching the STARS and I am sorta watching. Best thing about chili and cornbread is it is a two night meal. ☺

I have actually been reading. Trying a new to me author, reading Vanishing Acts by Jodi Picoult. Anyone familiar with her books?

Judie said...

Welcome home, George. So pleased you're not being nasty to Mom Shirley.

Mits, please don't hold back. Just let us know how you really $%#@(* feel.

Had taco salad tonight. No cornbread. Still not back to good appetite but did taste good.

Thank you for the info about the antlers. It just looks as if it would really hurt -- I guess because of the blood.

BIG NEWS! BIG NEWS! Darth and I will venture out for groceries tomorrow but first will stop at the SHEETZ store -- maybe some nice ones on sale. Need new SHEETZ! Can't wait to get to the SHEETZ store to buy new SHEETZ. If we have to drive to Shepherdstown to get new SHEETZ, I'll give a holler.

Wishing everyone a night of sweet eagle dreams. Turning my light out but leaving the night light on for others.

Mema Jo said...

ROFLMBO Judie I really really pray you find Some SHEETZ!


I think this will bring us up to the
S P L I T

Mema Jo said...

HOLD ON

HERE WE COME

«Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 1033   Newer› Newest»

3/27/24 stick again

 Raindrops just roll off the back Here, dear. Let me hit you in the head with this stick LO. L. 10:10 37 Scout gets up and exits the nest to...