Friday, February 27, 2009

Friday

Fresh thread.

1,051 comments:

1 – 200 of 1051   Newer›   Newest»
paula eagleholic said...

TGIF!!

Make it a Great Day!


Thanks for the new Thread, Steve!

glo said...

Yeah new thread and WE just came online. Wray not in nest with egg "yet".

Thanks for new thread Steve..thanks for heads up Paula.

Mits said...

thanks, Paula and Steve....

Mits said...

got some things to do...TTYL

Mits said...

egg in view at BWE

Mits said...

plop, back down at BWE

Mits said...

current nest weather...

Currently At 10:02AM[ More ] 52°F
RealFeel®
45°F
Winds: S
at 14mph
Overcast
Humidity: 74%
Dew Point: 44° F Pressure: 29.90 in
Visibility: 8 Miles

deb said...

Is there any way to watch the IWS cams with out the ads popping up all the time.

Both eagles at BWE!

Eagle-Eyed's Sissy said...

Morning friends. The Matz Hotel in Bluefield fell to the ground this morning around 8:30 or so. It used to be one of the most famous hotels in our region. Stars and presidents stayed there. Gonna put some pics on Facebook and on my pics here.

paula eagleholic said...

The Y branch at Maine 1 looks fully recovered! Amazing!

deb said...

Eggs in view in BWE, nothing happening that I can see!

paula eagleholic said...

Deb - Live feeds, Nope!

You can watch the 5 second cam tho...

Eagle-Eyed Sharon said...

Hello again everyone. I am freezing now. We had to be nosey and go see what the Matz Hotel looked like spread across Princeton Avenue. I am really glad nobody was walking or driving by when it fell. More is going to fall too, just a matter of time.

deb said...

Thanks, Paula, I always click close and the ads stay away for awhile, but they always come back! I know it is how they pay for part of the cam expense, so I can live with it.

paula eagleholic said...

So this hotel is really old and just fell?

Eagle-Eyed Sharon said...

Yes, it was really, really old and had the Colonial Theatre in the same building. We used to go to the movies there all the time when we were growing up. Mommy went to see Gone With The Wind there and stayed through 2 shows of it!

Eagle-Eyed Sharon said...

The woman that bought it in 2004 was supposed to have torn down part of it within the last year and never did. Said there had been going water problems. Don't think any of it is much of a problem anymore. Norfolk and Western Railroad used that hotel for many years to house the railroad men.

deb said...

BWE eggs visible again. This time I think there is some grass over them. Doesn't look like anything new to me.

paula eagleholic said...

BTW folks....we could have hatching in our nest next weekend...

deb said...

Isn't it exciting!! I sure hope they figure out the live feed issues before then. Oh well, we might have to watch in slow motion. :(

Mema Jo said...

Good Late Friday Morning
I just recovered from all that fresh air of yesterday's outing!
Bluefield Gals - hope the area had been off limits at the Hotel.. Homeless seem to find shelter anywhere they can.

Going over to earlier thread after I have more coffee & brunch!

Lolly said...

Good morning! It was 70 when I got up this morning. House, of course, is open and slept with windows wide open. I was too sleepy to listen for owls. Now it is down to 64, we are cooling off for the weekend. Lows in the 30's tonight. (Guess I'll close my windows!)

Red bud trees are blooming now as is the red plum tree by my front door. Daffodils still blooming and my red tulips will be open soon as well. I LOVE this time of year! Of course, we had snow last March 6, so who knows what will happen.

Loved the Florida report. The pictures were fantastic. Thanks Megan!

Oh, Norma, no sausage again this morning. How sad!! However, one month down and two to go. I can do this! I am now down 14 pounds. Slow, but sure! I am hoping I can reach my goal in 3 months of diet.

I think I will work in the yard today with frequent checks on BWE.

Lolly said...

Hatching possible by next weekend? Wow!

Looks like we are heading to the hill country next week. Gonna do a little eagle hunting there. Jack is checking on reservations for our eagle boat ride on Lake Buchanan. It will be a little longer before we head to OK.

Costume Lady said...

Good Morning, once again. Was on the previous thread and left to have coffee with Capt. Gene. Got into some interesting stuff and I'm just now getting back. I have posted some more photos from yesterday...Wild and Wonderful. I'm adding them as I have time. Just a few more to be edited.

paula eagleholic said...

Eagle BWO

Lolly said...

Thanks again, Wanda, for the pictures. "You done good!" :) Felt as if I were there. Sigh!

Lolly said...

Down to 62 now. Need to get outside before it gets too cool.

BBL

paula eagleholic said...

Egg roll our nest

Costume Lady said...

Oh, Lolly, to be able to get outside and work in the garden:(
Won't be much longer, though:)

Costume Lady said...

MEGAN...did you see the yellow flowers that I told you about? I'm thinking WINTER ACONITE. Going to look it up now.

Costume Lady said...

ERANTHIS (Winter Aconite). Has beautiful little swirls of leaves in addition to the buttercup-like flowers. ALL PARTS OF THE PLANT IS POISONOUS! No wonder you don't see many gardners growning them!

Lolly said...

Well, curses! Looks like we will not be going on the eagle river cruise. The river is down to 9". That is what a drought does to you. We will be going anyway. Understand you can see an eagle nest from the road. Will just have to try to find it.

paula eagleholic said...

both our nest

paula eagleholic said...

Darn freezing....

paula eagleholic said...

Looks like Belle has departed....Lib on eggs.

deb said...

I just took a hammer to my bird seed. It was all frozen together.

BOTH OUR NEST>

deb said...

Well, that shows you how far behind my live feed is. I guess I will restart it. I still have Lib standing up.

paula eagleholic said...

Lolly, sounds really pretty down in your area now...we won't see that until the end of March...beginning of April

Wanda - thanks for the pictures!

paula eagleholic said...

Kind of a rainy, windy day here now...ugh!

paula eagleholic said...

He did freeze then, Deb...LOL

wvgal_dana said...

Good Morning All Of Eagleland

I've seen such great pictures on Wanda's site. ty Wanda & Gene..

I still have to check out the pics others put on Eaglet_Momsters Album.

Got good report from dr. about the Sinus Cold..still need to be careful.

Megan that link for Rosyfinch Article about the eagles was interesting. Like how dumb can people be. Yesterday we were grrr'ing the Fish and Wildlife in Md.for forcing the eagle pair out. Today we say "right on" to Fish and Wildlife in Fl. to get signs and fencing up. YET maybe they should have ALREADY have done that!!

sunny said...

shhh don't tell anyone that I'm here! I have a new job, and I shouldn't be here. I've been checking in during the evening, and I had to log in now to check out BWE.

Hope everyone is doing well! Don't forget, there are always lurkers out there!

wvgal_dana said...

whispering>>>>>>good morning glad you dropped in....won't say a word to them where you are....yep any day now BWE chicks ( :
we will know you are "watching" not lurking not you

paula eagleholic said...

Hi Sunny! Glad you popped in!!

floralgirl said...

OK, Sunny:) We were just mentioning you yesterday. Hope things are going well-good to 'see' you.
Wanda, winter aconite sounds right to me.
Hornby island cam technical issuies- sad...that was my 2nd favorite cam:( hope they can get it fixed.
It is windy out there-gusting up to about 15-20 mph. 57° here, too. Rain looks to be gone for now, we really didn't get much and could use some for the water table.

wvgal_dana said...

Lisa has the suet pack recall link listed on BWO page thanks LISA for keeping us posted:

I thought I would also put the link here:
LIST OF BIRD SUET PACK RECALL

wvgal_dana said...

Our nest turning of eggs oh they are pret-ta

wvgal_dana said...

MEGAN Looking our our live feed picture. The tree limb to the left in nearest to us. Is that the limb the cam is on? I am trying to match things up with the great pictures taken of the nest.

floralgirl said...

BOTH our nest!

floralgirl said...

Herky jerky slo mo fly out here...

floralgirl said...

Yeah Dana.

Costume Lady said...

Aren't we glad we don't have the problem that Florida is having, keeping the public away from the eagle nest!:) We had the whole area all to ourselves! Feel so priviledged.

Mema Jo said...

Some tenting it looks like at our nest.
Not raining here right now but was earlier.
Hard to believe it is almost our hatching time - only a week or so away!

I am sure Lisa is on pins & needles while she waits for BW's first egg to hatch!

Costume Lady said...

If they havn't had eagles nesting since the 70's, they probably didn't know how many would be interested in seeing that spectacle.

Costume Lady said...

Not going to tary long at the restaurant tonight...might miss something;)

Costume Lady said...

Probably won't go at all NEXT FRIDAY! Sooo I will eat twice as many crab legs tonight...NOT!

Mema Jo said...

Wanda - as you add pics to your blog from yesterday, I am also copying and placing over on the Momsters' photo album. There are those Momsters/Dadster that don't blog so I don't want them to miss our PURFECT Day!

hi sunny gal!
We all were really thinking of you yesterday - kayaking talk with Randy brought my thoughts back of you & the course of photography you went to down at NCTC - They have one coming up about Cams

Mema Jo said...

What a dedicated Momster you are, Wanda Wright! I was going to ask why you weren't going next Friday....... lol

THAT JUST MIGHT BE OUR HATCH DATE !

wvgal_dana said...

MEMA JO CAN YOU PUT UP THE ARDVARKS LINK PLEASE

Eagle-Eyed Sharon said...

Yes, there is going to be a birthday hatch next Friday.

wvgal_dana said...

I check for the link when I get back. Need to ride to SIL house.
bbl

floralgirl said...

EGGS SHOWING AT BWE!

paula eagleholic said...

NCTC has a class coming up about webcams?

Mema Jo said...

There is NOT an ARDVARKS cam - the sign for the outside varmints to not eat on the deck mentioned that it included the ardvarks! lol

Look at the
http://www.salineetv.com/streams/cam.htm

AND last night Deb recorded a raccoon, a opossum and a black cat eating at different times from the food spread out! I think that there was a 'toy' ardvark on the left of the feeder.

Mema Jo said...

Yes Paula - Randy was talking about it as being upcoming. It was a class for all walks of life using cams - even police. Email Randy for details if it isn't on the NCTC home page...

Mema Jo said...


Course Description - Paula


This must be the one on which Randy was giving us information.
We'll do a bake sale - merchandise sale - to get you your enrollment fee!

Mema Jo said...

OUR NEST

EGG ROLL Beautiful

Mema Jo said...

Ok It is a toss up between a Cap Nap & a Panda Nap! Either way it is a
Win -Win situation for me!

BBL

Lolly said...

Just got back from church. Pulled a few weeds, trimmed back the Lantana and spread mulch. My church garden is looking good!

Now for lunch and back out into my own yard.

Checked on Lady BW. She seems to be just sitting there. No action yet!

Costume Lady said...

Jo, hope you read this after your CAP NAP...So glad you put the photos on Momster's Album. I am a near failure at doing that!

Lolly said...

Eagle in our nest keeps looking up. The other is probably perched above.

hedgie said...

Hi gang.
Dental apptmt. behind me, TG! Not bad tho' (after fretting all night!)because tooth needs a crown. Temp cap on for now....no drillinginvolved! Go back in 3 wks. for crown. Never had one before.
Forgot to thank Megan for her yummy baked goods yesterday, and Wanda for oatmeal pie and Peeps...so Thanks, gals!
Sissy, how awful about the old hotel. Wonder what would make it just go like that all of a sudden?! Surely hope no one was injured. It's a wonder that if it was in such bad shape the city didn't go ahead and do demo and bill the owner. Go figure.

hedgie said...

Norma, hope your dentist was nice to you, too!
Enjoying your pics, Wanda! TY!
Lolly, your weather sounds perfect...and how nice to see FLOWERS in bloom!
I am really ready for a nap...can hardly keep my eyes open. BBL!

magpie said...

Well that was a nice switch in the nest we just had, once again, I get so nervous when I don't see all three eggs!

magpie said...

Well, that was a nice switch a few minutes ago...guess it was a switch, I checked cam and there was one BIG BIRD close to the cam branch. I sure get nervous when I don't see THREE EGGS in there, but I guess I did just at the very end after she dug them out of the big nest cup hole!

magpie said...

Paula

I sent the website address for Pix PA to Randy, since they are getting ready to do that course at NCTC, and told him all the neat things we see there. He is from Western Pennsylvania himself so I guess it has a dual interest for him ☺

paula eagleholic said...

They must have known I wasn't watching! Seems I usually miss them!

magpie said...

I think I am repeating myself, but I am going to blame it on myself. My message disappeared and I didn't realize part of it got sent :(

Hedgie, so glad the dentist visit was not too bad.

Now, to re-view the fun from Yesterday compliments of Wanda and Gene. Back in a few happy minutes ☺

magpie said...

and I am still not even sure which Bird Parent I am looking at, was away all morning and lost track of Who was Who

floralgirl said...

I missed that switch too. So if there was a switch just now, then this must be Lib...I think..I'm pretty sure....

magpie said...

Wow....that was a truly enjoyable experience, viewing Wanda and Gene's latest pictures....so glad you got Jim in one of them.
You are both so very creative in your captures, Gene and Wanda ☺
And we sure appreciate it so very much xo ♥

magpie said...

I was kind of late catching it Megan, so I couldn't say whether the one roosting just got up and moved around, or if the other parent came in and the first one skeedaddled

magpie said...

After early Lady Blackwater watching, I think it is time for an nap...

I talked to a few different persons today, asked them if they had ever heard about wearing Red on Fridays to honor the military, they hadn't, so maybe, another couple of converts. I saw an older man and woman at grocery store and they both had on red jackets...wonder if they know.

See you all later on.
xo Good Afternoon Wishes...xo
(Pray for a break in the clouds at sunset so we can see Moonie and Venus...not likely though...)

paula eagleholic said...

Eggs @ BWE - still look whole...

paula eagleholic said...

This S/B Lib...

magpie said...

Wow, two very large owls in the hutch at Valmont - I had to check before hitting the sack

deb said...

I am back home and glad to be here, the snow is coming down. What was forecast this morning for 30% chance of snow is now 80% chance with 4-5" predicted. Darn weathermen!

deb said...

The female GHOW will not be nesting at CSUB this season, unfortunately. She was found after a bad storm. The lady reporting on this did not know what happened to the poor owl.

Cessna from the Maine Forum lives in or near Bakersfield and she talked to the people at CSUB. They are hoping a new female will move in.

wvgal_dana said...

Back and read comments...hummmm like Wanda I am thinking of Jo's "cap nap"....wonder if that is anything like the caps grandma use to ware? Well she napped in those lol

magpie said...

Eagle just came into a very windy Maine nest...

magpie said...

And eagle just gently flew out of that very windy Maine nest...

magpie said...

Just watching that nest in Maine reminds me of Barton Cove last summer.

How sad about Mama Cali....
thanks for the update, Deb,

Howdy there Glo: Hope you are in for the night ☺ Please say Yes!

magpie said...

Sorry I am seeing things!
It is YOU Deb that is home with the wintry forecast, well, hope YOU are in the night ☺

And I hope Glo is too !

magpie said...

Deb - have you looked at those owls in the Valmont Hutch? For a minute there the face of the one looked like a Barn Owl!

wvgal_dana said...

Going to fix dinner bb

magpie said...

Oh, I hate to break the Mama Cali news to RockingCircle R - she was really fond of the Hooties....
as was Jo and many others :(

magpie said...

Eagle at BWO

magpie said...

Fly in, Fly Out, Switch Our Nest

magpie said...

Belle now I believe

paula eagleholic said...

Was just checking to see if anyone noted a switch. You got it, Magpie! Belle on Duty :)

Catch ya'll later!

magpie said...

Still is ahead of the live again, she did not do much of an egg roll so probably more wiggling coming up

magpie said...

Safe rush hour travel wishes, Paula..
xo

magpie said...

Pix just had a shot of the carcass site, looks like a different carcass...maybe a different location even. NO live animals seen though

magpie said...

Before I forget, again, to ask this:

Is that the Potomac River in view on OUR cam, way over to the right?
would show in the very right top corner...figure it must be, never paid attention to it before, but that is the direction it would be I think.

hedgie said...

Got a nice email back from Randy, and his "professional information" included the following website, where it has lots of info about distance learning and webcasts. Emailed him back to ask if general public could tune in to webcasts...but sure he's probably gone for the day/weekend, so will let you know answer next week!
NCTC Webcasts

Click on Schedule and Webcast Viewing Info.

deb said...

Yes it is me getting the snow. I have the Valmont Owls up, but have just been in and out of the computer room.

Both OK cams are back on.

magpie said...

Pelican Harbor eagle up, maybe eating

magpie said...

Whatever PH is eating, the feathers are flying, and it looks like a lot of fluff in the nest,
Two Harbors resting on eggs

Mema Jo said...

"feather bed" fluff tonight at PH

floralgirl said...

You can't see the Potomac from the cam.

Mema Jo said...

Are you also checking out the
Two Harbors nest........ Good egg roll

magpie said...

It's K-10 at PH, now back on nest and Two Harbors parent just rolled eggs too
the owls at ValMont look like Great Horned now

that IWS site is completely unfriendly to this computer, just shut both of those cams down

magpie said...

Night lights are on our nest and BWO,
cannot get Lake Washington up

And Watch your Skies folks, West, slightly South, might just see Moonie and Venus after all, looks rather promising here!

Have Good Evenings, will chat with you folks later ☺

magpie said...

Yep - unfriendly is the word, I am just now catching up to your all's comments, since I could barely post one myself.

Great Holey Moley! I can see Moonie and Venus, it's going to be dodge-'em clouds but They are a beautiful pair tonight!

Going to check Ok, saw that egg roll at TH Jo, and thanks Megan, I just wasn't sure about the Potomac.

magpie said...

Wow, Okla sure is up times two, and I didn't have to go through that sign in thing this time - what a beautiful sight that is ☺ - you can really see those feathers blowing in the breeze

magpie said...

Okla turning eggs

magpie said...

false alarm, sorry, not eggsactly

Lolly said...

Good evening! Just came in from working in the yard all day. It is shaping up. Will feel free to leave it for a few days.

OK is looking good. Love that cam! Can hardly wait for little eaglets there in the nest.

Lady BW is just calmly waiting the great arrival.

magpie said...

Two eagles at Colorado, maybe switch coming up

Lolly said...

Lady BW is actually sleeping. Not restless like last night.

magpie said...

Yes, that is exactly what happened, just saw those three stunning eggs! Lots and lots of fluff in that nest!

Mema Jo said...

Thank you Thank You Mother Nature or
WHOEVER.....
Both Valmont GH Owls in the nest box

This means that we may get that 2nd clutch since the first 2 eggs failed!

WHooo WHoooo !!!!

magpie said...

Ha Ha Jo, finally you have email, I had to jump from here and there and run outside again, finding dark heavy clouds over most of the sky...it's like watching a cam, waiting for something to happen!

xo

magpie said...

egg roll our nest

Mema Jo said...

I just found a 2nd Oatmeal Pie Cookie in my tote! Whoo Hoo! I'll have a treat with coffee later. Thank you Wanda!

magpie said...

Hi Lolly Love your talk about outside and garden and flowers....
Guess we should all set up night duty for Lady Blackwater...it's going to be soon...

Jo - those big owls have been sitting like that for awhile, it sure is nice to see them there, I agree ☺

Okay time for dinner and chores.
Back in awhile no doubt

Mema Jo said...

On the CO daily pix it looks as though the overhead cam is working but the side view cam isn't.

magpie said...

Ha Ha - I did too, Jo, last night!
One was King Size, and of course I ate that one first! Second one awaiting me here soon....

Glad I didn't give those up for Lent ☺

TTFN xo

magpie said...

Valmont owl is all puffed up, wouldn't that be something if she is laying an egg, if that is the She ?

Another egg roll our nest

Lolly said...

Ok, no more talk about oatmeal pie cookies!!! LOL Food talk is NOT ALLOWED! No, actually I am doing great. Jack is having Bacon Pasta for supper. I fixed it last weekend and he has had it for several meals. I am sticking to my diet....I may turn into a rabbit! All the veggies I've been eating.

magpie said...

Good for you Lolly! You are an inspiration !

Well, one owl flew the coop, and I don't see an egg...

I have got to simply walk away from this computer...before I eat dessert before dinner ☺

Mema Jo said...

Lolly - how much ground will you cover next week in your travels. I understand you to say this is NOT the OK trip - that will be later.
I need to join you on your diet...Sticking to this one weight and can't move it down much with the meds I
take HOWEVER I bet I could if I would just get serious about it! Yesterday I thought was probably going to do me in as I am not that mobile - However today I need to remind myself that The more active I am the Better I feel!

Mits said...

Hello everyone, just got back a little while ago from visiting the M&M girls, Aunt Ceil and Aunt Mary Margaret were there too, we had a fun time...Molly is my new BFF, and Maggie's therapists are very happy with the progress she is making in talking and word recognition, they told Annie most down syndrome children do not talk til they are 4

Mits said...

sad about Mama Cali, will miss her:(

Mema Jo said...

Hello there Mits! You were missed here on the blog today!


Both GH owls are back in the nest box!
That's what made my day!!!

Mits said...

OK cam sure is looking OK now:)

Mits said...

lol....Jo, you crack me up:)

Mema Jo said...

All right - so hit me with whatever news there is on Mama Cali! I missed out on it!!

Mits said...

how exciting...BRS is going to FLA, we will have a change of scenery:)



Akron, OH - Streetsboro, OH - Port Orange, FL (997 Miles)

Mits said...

she perished in a bad storm, Jo:(

Lolly said...

I was looking up how to build a nest box for Great Horned Owls and came across this interesting article.

http://owlstuff.com/2005/10/artificial-nest-for-neighbor-owls.html

Mits said...

this is what Deb reported a couple of hours ago.

deb said...
The female GHOW will not be nesting at CSUB this season, unfortunately. She was found after a bad storm. The lady reporting on this did not know what happened to the poor owl.

Cessna from the Maine Forum lives in or near Bakersfield and she talked to the people at CSUB. They are hoping a new female will move in.

Friday, February 27, 2009 5:03:00 PM

Lolly said...

There are more Alice the Owl articles. Very good reading!!

Mits said...

turning eggs BWE

Mema Jo said...

Lolly - interesting owl site


Mits - How about that.. I wish Mama Cali had been banded and they could be sure it was her. The one question unanswered was what caused her death.

BWE rolling eggs

Lolly said...

Egg turning at BW.

Mema Jo said...

Last year - didn't Lisa shorten the refresh time on the BWE cam?

Lolly said...

This is her web site.

http://owlstuff.com/

Mits said...

I see Just Vicky, has been on BRS Blog...I posted first thing this a.m., he has a cute pic of a guy with a cat, it is not him.

Mits said...

maybe after the chicks hatch, I thought at some time in the past it was shorter, or maybe the BWO cam

paula eagleholic said...

It's raining at our nest...

paula eagleholic said...

30 seconds is all we will get at BWE

magpie said...

Almost looks like a little snow?

paula eagleholic said...

Margy - I saw the moon and Venus tonight...fuzzy, but it was there.

Margy, that is the road to NCTC in the upper right of our cam...river is behind the nest...

magpie said...

OK Paula...thanks...I was tickled to see the River from the Cafeteria Thursday, guess I just had river on my mind.
So glad you got to see Venus and Moon, even if just a glimpse of it!

magpie said...

Wonderful report Mits, about Maggie...☺ ♥
I have to ask you what BFF means though regarding Molly....

French Toast is Done
Time to eat...

wvgal_dana said...

Does anyone remember what Megan said about how she keeps our nest up showing on the screen all the time?

NatureNut said...

Evening All!☺ Is it spinkling at our nest? Just looked at live cam & saw some diagonal lines AND some ziggy ones that might be Spidey strands :>( Wirh the warm weather he might get active. Warmth has caused my small tulip patch to show 14 sprouts!!!!

Mema Jo said...

Get the Umbrella up! I hope it is just
rain.. must be pretty big drops to see them so well. I am having rain here.
It is still in the mid 50° at the nest & here. Rain Away Sat & Sun.
Rain coming at ya Mits in about an hour or so!

magpie said...

Both owls on the perch outside hutch, Jo...


Hi Loretta !

Mema Jo said...

Dana Megan probably brings up the site all by itself and then "Shrinks" it down to size while she keeps it up & running.

I really don't remember what Megan said exactly - it's just the only way I would know how to keep it up!

Someone said they got our Pop Up working about 2 days ago but that she did have to
wait FOREVER & A DAY for it to come up.
I don't think the wait is worth it!

magpie said...

Almost choked on my dinner- Huge Eyeball in the lens at Valmont!
Wow, that was something. Bird back in the box

Nice thing about French Toast, can cut it up and eat it and type between bites...
another nice thing about, it is like supper and dessert at the same time....

Mema Jo said...

Loretta - get your camera out on those
beauties when they bloom.

Did you have a fantastic weekend with
your daughter's visit?


I am still on Maternity Watch in Hedgesville WV. Next appointment is
Tues March 3 if Mother Nature doesn't intervene soon!

floralgirl said...

It's just rain here, and almost past us. No snow, it's 54° :)

Mema Jo said...

Another NOT SO NICE THING about eating
French Toast at your computer is that the
Syrup drips down in between the keyboard and you will soon be typing with DSUOUBVLE stuck together letters!!! lol

Mema Jo said...

Head tucked under wing at BWE

Rest for awhile!

magpie said...

Megan, we might need your instructions on how you keep NCTC up no matter what else is on your computer...I don't know how to shrink it

Whow, awesome view of the Owl Talons

paula eagleholic said...

Raining here now, too.

magpie said...

Well, I do have admit, my Mouse is rather sticky! But I managed not to make a totalslobofmyself

Mits said...

Margy...Best Friends Forever...BFF, she just hugged and kissed me all day, and brought her books and toys to play with:), hmmm, french toast sounds good:)

floralgirl said...

Yeah you do, I'm not doing anything magical, just opening a window and going to the live feed, and then shrinking the screen down with my mouse to the size of the cam square. Then I park it in the bottom corner of my screeen and then I open another screen(s) to surf other sites on. Then I size my new screen to fit so it doesn't cover the nest pic.

magpie said...

I realize it is poor manners to eat in front of others without offering you any, but sometimes I don't like to eat alone
Bacon would have really topped this dish off, but, It Is Friday.

Poor old Belle cannot settle down for awhile I guess with the rain...

Magical, Mits - -
Sounds like one Super Day following yesterday's Super Day ☺ ♥

floralgirl said...

Rain is almost past, just a real light drizzle.

magpie said...

Okay I got it shrunk, but I can't figure out how to park it...

NatureNut said...

Plz remind me Never to Refresh!!!!Live cam looked motionless, so tried to refresh & you got it---"not responding" which lost me all the sites I had open since I used that new Tab thingy!
I also tried the Pop up first, thinking I could get current view instead of refreshing, but wouldn't open.
Do you think Megan just minimizes?
BTW, having slow internet glitches tonight--email page wouldn't scroll very well, mouse pointer would disappear, & Fubby on old 'puter came back to a black screen!!!Had to turn elec. off & redo. DUH!Don't think mine needs a cleaning as I think Jo ate all the cookies! LOL
Thanks for listening---guess we do pay for all these hi-tech conveniences.

floralgirl said...

GO up to the top of screen(window) and put your cursor on the blue top line and you will get an arrow-and left click and hold down mouse button and you can move window with your mouse.

floralgirl said...

Yes,that is all I'm doing, Loretta.

Mits said...

its been a super week:)!

floralgirl said...

Belle is up

paula eagleholic said...

egg roll our nest

NatureNut said...

Oh Megan, saw you just answered the shrink ??

Margy, I will certainly take pics if theses tulips open. The newest bulbs are BLUE!!! Daughter got some before & neither of us had any success. BTW, she & I went to Ford's theatre---couldn't see it as they were having a matinee! Duh!! Didn't mention closures like that on website. Went to Natural History where there is a new Ocean exhibit--my new penguin--& newly reopened Am. Hist.
No offense to our new Pres., BUT the subway tickets that always have Panda pics on them have been replaced by pic of O!!!

NatureNut said...

Thx again for letting me vent---now I'm gonna eat & give you all a rest!!! ☺ ☺ ☺

magpie said...

Ha Ha that was the teeniest tiniest egg roll I have ever seen.
Thanks Megan, I am going to have to play around with it, don't have the blue line and could not get the arrow, but I have printed out the instructions...
I use IE - is that what you are on too?

floralgirl said...

It's not permanent, Metro will return to using the image of a panda bear on its fare-cards when all the Obama commemorative paper ones sell out, which was expected to occur by the end of January.

paula eagleholic said...

I would rather have a panda pic on my ticket!!

magpie said...

Crazy, Loretta... bet you were not the only one that thought there would be an evening show!
Love the penguin, sounds like a Good Plan B
Enjoy dinner! I sure did.

floralgirl said...

Yeah, IE, just take your cursor up to the top of the page you are looking at, and if you left click and hold, you can then move the whole page around- surely you've done that before.

paula eagleholic said...

Margy, just put your cursor on the uppermost colored bar of your window that is open, the one that has the dash, box and x on it. Then just left click and you can move that box all over the screen.

To shrink a window, go to the corner of the window that is open, wait for your cursor to turn into a double arrow, then you can grab the window that is open and shrink it whatever size you want.

I'll try to send you some pics!

magpie said...

Looks like the tenting is over OUR NeST,
Owls have left Valmont, and there has been a real mess o'raccoons at Pix Pa.

Can't wash dishes and be on computer, so - time for clean up.

magpie said...

Okay, thanks Paula and Megan, I am printing off all those instructions and will experiment...
If I never come back you will know I did something very wrong...

floralgirl said...

Yep, rain is past us now, and don't see any more coming tonite.

paula eagleholic said...

Margy, you have mail!

Mema Jo said...

If my live feed looks frozen (which it is) I click on one of the bobble heads off to the left & it just takes a few seconds to restore.......

Going to check out some cams
Like BRS

deb said...

BWE is up, covering those eggs.

floralgirl said...

Darn, couldn't really get a peek.

Eagle-Eyed Sharon said...

Good evening to all my friends of fine feathers and fur.

Reading something about syrup in a keyboard. When I was working at my first transcription job at HealthSouth Rehab in Princeton, they had just purchased me a new keyboard that was an ergonomic. I loved it. Then I dumped biscuit and gravy down in it. They were so not happy with me for that!

paula eagleholic said...

Nope, no peeek that time...

If our feed is frozen, also click on nest, and then outside the nest...seems to free it back up...

paula eagleholic said...

Belle is awake, has her beak open...

paula eagleholic said...

My BWE is stuck...

paula eagleholic said...

Don't fall in the split!!

«Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 1051   Newer› Newest»

4/24/24 Bella/crow

The crow picked on something there to the right and it scared. It to make him go in the Bush. Scared a cat LOL I thought crows were tough LO...